Make sure you renew your cell discount...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I just got an email from verizon wireless today stating they were now making ALL corporate discount customers prove their discount eligibility (yet another way for them to try to squeeze more money out of people hoping they either no longer are with that employer or won't respond to their requirement). I almost deleted the email thinking it was junk, but if you don't re-certify you'll lose your UPS discount.

They require you either provide them an uploaded picture of a paystub (didn't love doing that) or provide an @ups.com work email address which most of us don't have.

Just a heads up as you'll probably all be receiving the email. If you don't see the email & want to get it out of the way:
http://verizonwireless.com/renewdiscount

P.S. With these types of emails going out, there will no doubt be people trying to use this to get people's information with "phishing" emails faking the emails so make sure if you get one of these you're actually visiting the real verizonwireless.com web site.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ill tell u what Verizon has the best coverage but their customer service is really going down the crapper.

They squeezing ever nickel and dime out of ppl they can.

ups hero

I've actually been receiving text messages from Verizon about this. I got my 3rd message this past weekend stating that I have 30 days until I lose my discount. I plan on going to the Verizon store this weekend. I wasn't sure if the message was legit or some scam. Looks like I will definitely be going to the mall this weekend then. Thanks for posting this. Now I know it's not a scam.

MethodsMan

So, I went in with a paystub and the girl said I'm supposed to renew my discount online and she said it was easy. Okay. So I go online and the only ways to do it are by using a work email. Which I don't have. Or by mailing or sending in a picture of your paystub. Which, I'm not going to do because I don't just want all my personal information out there. What do I do?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What do I do?

Lose your discount apparently. I followed the link in my text message they sent, and snapped a quick photo of my paystub after blacking out damn near everything (Gross pay, ID#, and more), and they got it and the discount was applied. Nothing to see here people, move along.

MethodsMan

Lose your discount apparently. I followed the link in my text message they sent, and snapped a quick photo of my paystub after blacking out damn near everything (Gross pay, ID#, and more), and they got it and the discount was applied. Nothing to see here people, move along.

Good idea.

wornoutupser

Same thing here. The store told me that they couldn't do this and that a uploaded photo of the check stub was the only way. I blacked out all but my name and the corporate address!