Make up for holiday? On topic please

21Savage

f7AgyZj.jpg

Same...

3rd straight Monday for me. It's whatever. At least we get 2 days this week. And paychecks fat.

21Savage

Jeez, I hope none of you are coming in on your day off.

I do. Because they keep 22.4's so light throughout the rest of the week so we can still work Saturdays. Last Friday I was begging to go help and still told no. Working 6 days isnt bad when you have multiple punch outs before 17:00 without really breaking a sweat.

And if they want to load me up, that's fine, I'll stay out take my time and no hours for a full Sarurday route.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well.. pretty soon this union will not have any teeth left. The only thing good about ups was the union. If they can't set boundaries against the erosion of your days off from a demanding job, what good are they?

This is not about this one little "holiday".
ups will play this card from now on.
Are you going to be glad some holiday is coming? Don't be. You will have to make up for it.
Pretty sure we are only guaranteed 2 days off per year

tech209

Tried pulling that over here...... I don’t care what they say no where does it say I have to come in Monday just with a snap of their fingers ......and if they try to pull anything which they are dying for drivers either way file grievance

like someone else said don’t let them bully you around .....they push only the weak that dint know better

Superteeth2478

Sounds like the steward is a sellout. Personally, I was telling the 22.4s and Tuesday-Saturday preloaders that Monday is their day off and they don't have to come in. On top of that, I was telling people (who were being lied to by management) that you only have to come in on one of the days flanking a holiday to be paid for it. My full-time supervisor was giving me heat for that, telling me I should be telling them they needed to be there both days, but I simply told him I refused to lie to the hourlies about the contract language. I said I was coming in both days, and that people should come in both days if it's their schedule, but not that they wouldn't get paid if they didn't.

tech209

Sounds like the steward is a sellout. Personally, I was telling the 22.4s and Tuesday-Saturday preloaders that Monday is their day off and they don't have to come in. On top of that, I was telling people (who were being lied to by management) that you only have to come in on one of the days flanking a holiday to be paid for it. My full-time supervisor was giving me heat for that, telling me I should be telling them they needed to be there both days, but I simply told him I refused to lie to the hourlies about the contract language. I said I was coming in both days, and that people should come in both days if it's their schedule, but not that they wouldn't get paid if they didn't.

right on point ..... and if the steward is no help then straight to the BA I go