Making book during peak?

fres431

Nocal here. Can one make make book driving during peak? I know peak is now nov 1 till jan 31. I know it's 30days to make it if hired within ups, however they have to hire off the street hire for next driver and they need 90 days so my question is can off the street hire make book during peak or will his 90 days roll over to feb 1? This is a full time driver opening since NorCal doesn't permit seasonal hires

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It may depend on you local. But the way I understand it to work in my local is. any days worked before the free period starts do not count towards you making book after the free period is over.

fres431

With that thinking in theory any day you work before feb 1st doesn't count toward the 90 days to make it..am I understanding you right

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
With that thinking in theory any day you work before feb 1st doesn't count toward the 90 days to make it..am I understanding you right
Essentially..yes that is correct. In my local...that's how I understand it to work. I could be wrong...but I'm pretty sure.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
haha I actually thought about that after I hit enter. I left the site to go check on a vlog I read every day. I came back to add it and you beat me to it. It did indeed pique my interest as well. :wink2:

fres431

Which is the key and why it is stupid to post up a question like this. It varies by supplement and is best answered by reading the freaking contract.
That's why I said in post I'm in NorCal I was specific incase someone in NorCal happened to know.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My old car used lots of Peak. Darn heater core leaked!
antifreeze_peak-131x181.jpg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Did it peak your interest?
Choose Your Words
peak/ peek/ pique
Let's look at three homophones: peak, peek, and pique. Peak is a topmost point, such as a mountain peak, or to reach that point:

We're sort of at peak demand right now.

A peek is a glance or a quick look, like you do with the unwrapped Christmas presents at the bottom of your loved one's closet. It can also mean to glance or to peer at. It's frequently paired with sneak, which can lead you to use the incorrect peak:

Residents take a peek at bike and pedestrian safety plans

Yellowstone Offers Sneak Peek Of New Visitor Center

Finally, pique is to upset or excite someone. You will sometimes see peek one's interest for pique one's interest, but don't be fooled. If you're piquing someone's interest, you are exciting their interest not taking a quick look at it:

If that doesn't pique your interest, you can leave (but I'm keeping your shoes).

Here's your mnemonic device:

• You have to reach to gain the peak.
  • If you peer at something, you are peeking.
  • And if you're piqued about something, there's usually a question in your mind about it.