Making Book During This Mess

Seymour Packages

We have a few new guys in our center that are trying to make book right now. 22.4s every one of them. From what I'm hearing, as long as they don't crash or don't get hurt, their numbers aren't being scrutinized as heavily and they will be fine. Is this the case where you guys are? If that is the case, I couldn't think of a better time to try and make book than now. We have preload and local sort quitting on the spot, and a few of the 22.4s hired didn't last more than a week. Management is just happy guys are showing up to work at this point.

Air Recovery

They bought ours. Every single utility driver from peak and corona peak was bought.

Hardcore. They forced them in on Saturday, auto pass. They assigned them different routes, entirely different areas with different designations (80c compared to 16e) auto pass.

They have them helping drivers. Pass. They have them run out of area misloads. Pass.

My center literally did the opposite, they built a safe guard against our utility drivers failing. If our 30 day noobs get in a wreck they have more than enough proof to automatically qualify. I talked to one of the stronger utilities and he told me that they have not mentioned over under once

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
How flexible? Like sexy flexible? Or gross flexible?
B0FCE96D-E2D4-4905-BFFE-F257247ECC8B.gif

Hot Carl

Typically, qualifying drivers here are expected to run scratch 5 days straight by the end of their 30 days. I have 5 out of the last 6 and the one day I didn't, I was 10 minutes over. ORS pretty much said that as long as I can consistently run decent numbers like that and not hit anything for the next 3 weeks, I'm in. We are that strapped for drivers right now.

Management and veteran drivers alike are just happy to have warm bodies out on the road at this point because we've been short-handed for so long and this Corona Christmas shows no signs of stopping.

21Savage

They dont gaf about scratch right now. You can't scratch with 300 stops and 500 pieces. 2 new dudes just qualified that needed help every single day.

Air Recovery

Typically, qualifying drivers here are expected to run scratch 5 days straight by the end of their 30 days. I have 5 out of the last 6 and the one day I didn't, I was 10 minutes over. ORS pretty much said that as long as I can consistently run decent numbers like that and not hit anything for the next 3 weeks, I'm in. We are that strapped for drivers right now.

Management and veteran drivers alike are just happy to have warm bodies out on the road at this point because we've been short-handed for so long and this Corona Christmas shows no signs of stopping.

Same. Normally our recruits have to run scratch 5 days in a row and employ strategies like coding their lunch abd breaks strategically while doing bulk stops/driving in.

At the moment our center is so short handed theyre letting everyone through even our terrible utilities

barnyard

KTM rider
In the last month, we have had 2 qualified utility drivers say they were too heavy to help others and then brought back stops, sheeted as missed, punched out and went home. Both were fired and both were brought back after suspensions.

We also have 2 that did not qualify last fall, trying again. We are not doing PCMs in my building, so I grab my board and sit in the cab until start time, so I have not heard how the noobs are all doing.

Last edited:

Maplewood

We have a few new guys in our center that are trying to make book right now. 22.4s every one of them. From what I'm hearing, as long as they don't crash or don't get hurt, their numbers aren't being scrutinized as heavily and they will be fine. Is this the case where you guys are? If that is the case, I couldn't think of a better time to try and make book than now. We have preload and local sort quitting on the spot, and a few of the 22.4s hired didn't last more than a week. Management is just happy guys are showing up to work at this point.

They are :censored2:ting their pants out here. Contract clearly states that 18 months after ratification no RPCD will ever work Saturday again. They have been dumping so much of Monday into Saturday that our canter will like 20 more drivers before 10/29/2020