Making More Money Now Than When I was Working Full Time - On Topic

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
less than 2 years after retiring I am taking home more than when I was working full time.

this is between pension, retirement accounts , and especially my hobby that I turned into a part time business . we even haven't started collecting social security yet.

the best part is that I am doing something I love, can do it when i want , and have zero stress doing it.

just wanted to let you guys and gals know that there is a great life waiting for you after work if you plan right.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
less than 2 years after retiring I am taking home more than when I was working full time.

this is between pension, retirement accounts , and especially my hobby that I turned into a part time business . we even haven't started collecting social security yet.

the best part is that I am doing something I love, can do it when i want , and have zero stress doing it.

just wanted to let you guys and gals know that there is a great life waiting for you after work if you plan right.
That's really pretty easy to do and it does feel good.
No 22% for 401k.
No Soc Sec Tax.
No medicare tax.
No insurance premiums. (in my case)
Would have had to buy a new vehicle ... still driving my 2000 Tundra.

and to boot:
I went from filling up twice a week to twice a month. $500/month in pocket
Don't eat out as much.
No new clothes (except Grateful Dead t-shirts).

Shiftless

What's the hobby?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King

The last 7 years out of the 8 that I have been retired , I have made more money per year than the highest paid feeder driver at the center where I worked. He gets a lot of overtime.
I make it a point to spend every nickel of the monthly pension and will do the same with the SS check in 2 years .
I don't have a retirement account or 401k . I have never talked to an investor or a financial adviser.
What I give , has always came back to me ( not just in retirement ) in ways that can't be measured with the mighty dollar.
God has taken care of me and I am grateful.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
What's the hobby?
I found something in my area that can be bought on craigslist fairly cheaply ( $100-200) . fix up and then resell for 4-5 times more. Some of the items are free which makes it even better.

Usually do one or two a month and it only takes a couple hours a day . The best part is that it is enjoyable and i get to meet some really nice people.

The trick is to find something you love to do, something you would do for free . That is what I did. I tried to make a little money at it to pay for tools, parts , and whatever and it just snow balled from there. people started hearing about what I did from word of mouth and now I get a couple custom orders a month.

We don't even need the money . But it's fun spending it on travel and eating out. It feels like free money.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
People don't have to PM me to get more info. I am not going to be specific because if I did , the prices would probably rise if more and more people did what I do.

I also buy on Ebay and right now the prices are extremely low and I would like to keep it that way until this becomes better known.

Anyways, this can do done on a lot of things. Thousands of people do this everyday on Craigslist and Ebay with something they know about.

I got the idea from watching Rick's Restorations . He restored something that I knew something about and decided to do the same thing just for the fun of it and it just snowballed from there.

BTW, there are a lot of books on Amazon on how to make extra cash with Craigslist. I bought some of those books. Some are just junk or common sense and a couple are quite good. All it takes is one good idea.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
People don't have to PM me to get more info. I am not going to be specific ...

BTW, there are a lot of books on Amazon on how to make extra cash with Craigslist. I bought some of those books. Some are just junk or common sense and a couple are quite good. All it takes is one good idea.
How about the name of the books then?

Ms.PacMan

I know a guy who retired in Idaho and loves garage sales. He started buying old Levi's and selling them on EBay. He sells them all, mostly to Japanese people and makes a couple hundred dollars a pair.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I know a guy who retired in Idaho and loves garage sales. He started buying old Levi's and selling them on EBay. He sells them all, mostly to Japanese people and makes a couple hundred dollars a pair.
I'll bet it's not just any old pair of Levi's ... my wife does this type of stuff.
Her ability to see something and know if is still in production, is it a hot item, which patterns are hot right now just amazes me. My mind does not work that way and memory requirements are well beyond my abilities.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I'll bet it's not just any old pair of Levi's ... my wife does this type of stuff.
Her ability to see something and know if is still in production, is it a hot item, which patterns are hot right now just amazes me. My mind does not work that way and memory requirements are well beyond my abilities.
Omg- I'm gonna give you a pass on that last statement. Lol.

oldngray

nowhere special
pictures-19.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My mortgages get bigger and my toys/maintainence more expensive. I think I'm almost there.

My experience is the reverse. My mortgage will be paid off and I will use part of the proceeds from the sale of my condo to pay off my Altima.

My monthly expenses will decrease dramatically upon retirement.