mall walker - store didn't receive package

AssistantSanta

i started out at minimum, then 10.75 at seniority, and im currently at 11.25 at 12 months. 24 months will be 11.75, and 30 months is 19.50 or something. i live in canada, and i dont know how many walkers or driver helpers there are because i dont go down to the hub. i meet up with a driver at the mall.

I don't understand the payrate growth curve. The learning curve is steeper first and quickly tapers off and this is true for most production and repetitive jobs.

Learning effect during the first few months is dramatic. Between 24th and 30th month, not so much but that is where the drastic pay jump is. It seems logical if pay raise follows learning curve.

Southwestern

I don't understand the payrate growth curve. The learning curve is steeper first and quickly tapers off and this is true for most production and repetitive jobs.

Learning effect during the first few months is dramatic. Between 24th and 30th month, not so much but that is where the drastic pay jump is. It seems logical if pay raise follows learning curve.

Many companies utilize back-loaded pay progression. They're popular among a wide breadth of jobs from unskilled labor to those requiring advanced degrees, as well as many low- and mid-management positions. The pay patterns often don't follow learning curves but rather make separation easier in the early years. For example, a person who goes into teaching but ultimately recognizes the job isn't for him is more likely to walk away from $35,000/year than $70,000/year. An accountant unhappy living in Houston may find it easier to walk from $60,000/year than $90,000. And if the employee decides to separate, the company is strapped with the financial burden of recruiting & training his replacement. In theory, pay progressions often enable both the employee and employer to smooth growing pains a little easier.

atdi198d

You hoser,I'm a canuck too,how's it goin eh?
Really though,relax man,the store screwed up not you.
They probably sold them to someone else.
What city are you in,?I'm in Toronto.

i'm in mississauga.
how long have you been with UPS? are you at the steeles and jane location?

i dont think she ended up calling UPS. an employee there told me they already sold it to the customer a while back.

DS

Fenderbender
i'm in mississauga.
how long have you been with UPS? 21 years
are you at the steeles and jane location? yes
i dont think she ended up calling UPS.
an employee there told me they already sold it to the customer a while back.told ya :happy2: