man, i quit as driver helper

UPSGUY72

Exactly, Kick his butt outta here. ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFF.

If I was the driver you let down, you'd be off the clock and stuck in that jump seat the rest of the day b4 I dropped your butt off!!!!!

Stuck in the jump seat he would have been waiting on the side of the road for a ride either buy my SUP or someone he knew. If he's sitting in the jump seat not doing anything he'd be in the way.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Stuck in the jump seat he would have been waiting on the side of the road for a ride either buy my SUP or someone he knew. If he's sitting in the jump seat not doing anything he'd be in the way.

Keep him in the jump seat would be better cause the rest of the route, I would hit every pot hole and bump in the road as I shifted gears and made agressive turns and stops as he breathed in my deisel fumes. I would punish him. sitting on the curb would be the easy way out .

JakeD

i'm sure it is a bunch of tongue and cheek but not letting someone off would probably be illegal. but please continue your tough E-balls talk ;)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you dont like to work apply for a sup job

This may violate the TOS but I don't care-----this has got to be one of the more stupid posts I have ever read on this forum.

Do you have any frickin' clue as to how many hours most of your mgt team puts in on a daily basis? My center manager is usually in the office by 7am (sometimes a bit earlier) each day and is usually there until 7 pm (sometimes a bit later, earlier if there is a Cardinal hockey game which starts at 7:wink2:). He will be at work today and Monday to supervise the air operation. My PDS usually starts at 4am (much earlier during Peak) and heads for home around 2pm (unless there are misloads to be shuttled). My on-car has a 90 minute (each way) commute to add to his 10 hour day.

I worked from 9:30-18:30 yesterday. We were slammed and I was asked (not directed) to help another driver---I declined---I was beat---walking through knee-deep unshoveled driveways gets old really quick. I did run off a NDA that had come in with the wrong address on the way home, which added 15 minutes to my paid day and one happy customer to our list.

I hope that you can now see just how truly stupid your post was.

Indecisi0n

Actually, no.....when doing residentials I park so that both the helper and I can deliver stops at the same time. I call it "splitting the difference" and it works quite well in the average suburban area. We also deliver adjacent commercial stops at the same time, including multiple story medical office buildings.

If you prefer to treat your helper as a go-fer, hand the package and point to the house, that is up to you. I prefer to treat my helper as an adult, train him in the basics of the job and treat him as a reliable co-worker. I must be doing something right as we have yet to have a DFU and have only had 2 concerns, one of which was valid and was my fault (misdelivery which I redelivered and apologized to the consignee on my way home from work---I mistook 4957 for 4955) while the other was a signature denial which I had indirected to the neighbor.

I no longer train helpers. I have 6 different helpers this season when they could find me one.

happybob

Feeders
At that point you hand him cab fare and thank him for all of his hard work.

Cab fare? Nahh, a quarter to call someone that gives a ****. Have a nice walk home. I will not break trace to take you back to the meet point. Your day is over at the point you said you quit and I will clock you out now.