Man who was sacked for calling boss a 'maroon' gets job back

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Man who was sacked for calling boss a 'maroon' gets job back - Independent.ie

Edward Boylan, of Kells, Co Meath, worked for United Parcel Service (UPS) at Mygan Business Park, Dublin, from November 2002 to September 2010 when he was dismissed for "abusive, objectionable and threatening behaviour".

The Employment Appeals Tribunal heard Mr Boylan was suspended following an outburst in August 2010 in which he allegedly called the manager "a friend*ing maroon". At a subsequent meeting with the HR supervisor, Mr Boylan admitted calling his manager a "maroon" but denied swearing.

The tribunal found that "there was no basis for finding . . . that the claimant had been threatening in his behaviour. The dismissal of the claimant was, in all of the circumstances, unfair". The company was ordered to reinstate Mr Boylan immediately

maroon? That's it? I've already used "idiot" and "*******". I think the trick to it is the preface of " Don't be an....."

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I don't think he was a maroon at all. I think at one time or another, we've all wanted to do that. I'm sure Joe Biden has done it once or twice.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've seen management called names and I've seen hourly called names by management. Its all just part of the game. Actually its good entertainment for those who witness these love spats. Glad he got his job back.