Management Accountability or lack of....

How many buildings out there have a management team that is so shady it makes the mob look like The Brady Bunch? Our sups hide routes by deleting boards and paying drivers under safety hours and shuttle time. Dispatch routes according to drivers. Sheet late and missed packages with our Customer Counter board so they don't show up on reports somehow. They also let certain drivers scan an extra truck into their diad so they are not on telematics and can leave the truck run all day, not wear seat belts, leave bulk head open all day etc. On the other hand they will give a warning letter to drivers for not folding a mirror in on a back road, backing in an empty driveway to turn around as Orion tells them to, or one of our guys got a warning letter for wearing a single earbud on the road but yet our shop steward has a Sirius Xm boom box mounted on her dash? How can we hold management accountable to be fair and equal to all employees? Our shop stewards unfortunately won't rock the boat for fear they won't get part of the VIP treatment.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
How many buildings out there have a management team that is so shady it makes the mob look like The Brady Bunch? Our sups hide routes by deleting boards and paying drivers under safety hours and shuttle time. Dispatch routes according to drivers. Sheet late and missed packages with our Customer Counter board so they don't show up on reports somehow. They also let certain drivers scan an extra truck into their diad so they are not on telematics and can leave the truck run all day, not wear seat belts, leave bulk head open all day etc. On the other hand they will give a warning letter to drivers for not folding a mirror in on a back road, backing in an empty driveway to turn around as Orion tells them to, or one of our guys got a warning letter for wearing a single earbud on the road but yet our shop steward has a Sirius Xm boom box mounted on her dash? How can we hold management accountable to be fair and equal to all employees? Our shop stewards unfortunately won't rock the boat for fear they won't get part of the VIP treatment.

You new around here? This is nothing new, either it is condoned by the highest of management or they truly have no clue what goes on outside of the boardroom.

20+ years with company new to forums trying to figure out how to hold them accountable since our stewards won't. Our sups have found a way around reporting accuracy trust me. Every night they re scan all missed pieces with a customer counter board and I have been personally told to not scan an EAM high value follow up because we left late just have the customer sign the sheet and the next day before 10am they told me to scan the form and write her name on the board. Also just like if you accidentally hit commercial on a saver and it pops up late, they tought us to reboot the board and it will prompt you complete the stop again at which point you can hit residential.

scooby0048

That would be counter productive. You can take missed out of a board through timecards. Customer counter board doesn't have a card so you can't take it out. Late can't be taken out of any boards.
You know, we all rag on management but there are some good ones out there who try to take care of their staff and do the right thing. I hope the machine doesn't corrupt you Frigid!

You know, we all rag on management but there are some good ones out there who try to take care of their staff and do the right thing. I hope the machine doesn't corrupt you Frigid!
Our building use to be truly amazing until the last few years..not one single Sup in our building could run a route they put together with cutting 40% off it..it's terrible

El Correcto

god is dead
You must be having a :censored2:ty time as of late. Don't worry about management or what they do. Just focus on your job and doing it. File grievances and report using hotline number if you really want to try and do something. Really the only time to stand up against a manager is when it directly effects you or you are a steward.

scooby0048

20+ years with company new to forums trying to figure out how to hold them accountable since our stewards won't.
I'll get bashed for this but the unions are weak..so the stewards are too. Not just at UPS but all over the country. 20 years ago when the unions were run by mobsters people shook in their boots at the mention of the union stepping in. Now no one cares.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I have no clue Frigid but they always tell us to "Use the customer counter board it won't show up" They are a very creative bunch...trust me
The only easy way to cheat on the counter board is if you're trying to avoid situations like other route than planned or lates if you're sheeting them before 1030. Otherwise you're worse off. They make it harder to cheat with the counter board for exactly these reasons.

El Correcto

god is dead
I'll get bashed for this but the unions are weak..so the stewards are too. Not just at UPS but all over the country. 20 years ago when the unions were run by mobsters people shook in their boots at the mention of the union stepping in. Now no one cares.
Because they'd be sleeping with the fishes.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
image.gif
Because they'd be sleeping with the fishes.
Luca Brasi

You must be having a :censored2:ty time as of late. Don't worry about management or what they do. Just focus on your job and doing it. File grievances and report using hotline number if you really want to try and do something. Really the only time to stand up against a manager is when it directly effects you or you are a steward.
Our whole building is having a bad time as of late. We have people getting warning letters including myself for the littlest things and on the other hand our VIP drivers aren't even made to use telematics so they can get off by 4:00 and get 10hrs of guarantee time. How can you report this via hotline?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
My previous district instructed us to stop using it. Said it had to be Late-Other. Not sure what the rules are here as it's not under my supervision.
We've been instructed to use A. Customer opens after commit time. As far as I know they have never abused it here to hide stuff though