Management corrupt? hmmm

I'll just start this by describing the problems. #1 sneaky managers- We have countless times written down at our hub of managers, yes more than 1, pitching in. from doing the smallest work to loading trucks..just to help make there numbers look decent. Our union guys make it seem like there into it but they never ever want to persuit a grievance even after proof was shown. I have a feeling our Main Boss may be involved in something fishy. The more managers step in and help the more they look good and the more VOLUME i've noticed hits our hub. #2 a Driver was tricked into resigning over checking off a package minutes before delivering it, so they say. yes defrauding the company but they got him on GPS and thats against UPS union agreement to base anything off GPS and it was over a week since this happened. union did not step in at all when they had the time. #3, I was sent a Suspension letter 2 weeks after being late, the sup on duty said to stay home that day they had someone coming in. I did not sit down with a manager orunion s. and sign a damn thing. I just recieved that crap in the mail no notice what so ever. when I confronted management with my union the manager said they would like to reduce it and they knew about it they were just forgot to tell me after 3-4 weeks. THERE IS NO WAY THATS POSSIBLE. #4 there are employees and managers working before the clock starts. we have managers speeding up our belt making everyone struggle all day just so they are looking pretty by 8:00 or so, keep in mind where seing more and more volume everytime these managers step in and make us look like superhero's on paper. I conclude the reason behind this is our newest manager. Ever since this guy came it seems our jobs have hit an all new stress level. I just want feedback guys positive or negative, I realize i'm one cattle out of the work force but this ***** needs to stop sooner or later. I'm not the type to watch these kinds of things happen when I know it can EASILY be prevented. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'll just start this by describing the problems.

#1 sneaky managers- We have countless times written down at our hub of managers, yes more than 1, pitching in. from doing the smallest work to loading trucks..just to help make there numbers look decent. Our union guys make it seem like there into it but they never ever want to persuit a grievance even after proof was shown. I have a feeling our Main Boss may be involved in something fishy. The more managers step in and help, the more they look good and the more VOLUME i've noticed hits our hub.

#2 a Driver was tricked into resigning over checking off a package minutes before delivering it, so they say. yes defrauding the company but they got him on GPS and thats against UPS union agreement to base anything off GPS and it was over a week since this happened.
union did not step in at all when they had the time.

#3, I was sent a Suspension letter 2 weeks after being late, the sup on duty said to stay home that day they had someone coming in. I did not sit down with a manager orunion s. and sign a damn thing. I just recieved that crap in the mail no notice what so ever. when I confronted management with my union the manager said they would like to reduce it and they knew about it they were just forgot to tell me after 3-4 weeks. THERE IS NO WAY THATS POSSIBLE.

#4 there are employees and managers working before the clock starts. we have managers speeding up our belt making everyone struggle all day just so they are looking pretty by 8:00 or so, keep in mind where seing more and more volume everytime these managers step in and make us look like superhero's on paper. I conclude the reason behind this is our newest manager. Ever since this guy came it seems our jobs have hit an all new stress level.

I just want feedback guys positive or negative, I realize i'm one cattle out of the work force but this ***** needs to stop sooner or later. I'm not the type to watch these kinds of things happen when I know it can EASILY be prevented.
Thanks!

Sorry QuickSpam but I could not read this.
Perhaps use of the enter key to help structure this would help others and definitely me.

tieguy

Banned
we are so fortunate this person has courageously stepped forward to blow the whistle on this corruption. the story will undoubtably plaster brown cafe on all the national news shows.

tieguy

Banned
What? It`s not even 10 posts old yet. You don`t put down a good book after the first chapter do you? Heck, Ties only two sentences in so far.

just cracking my knuckles. you guys settle the crooked union question while I shuffle some papers.:happy2:

BLACKBALLED

Wow! You guys are hilarious! Acting Surprised that Mngmnt and the Union Reps. are in Cohoots! It has been that way forever,, you have good Stewards who represent, you have Bad stewards who go along with management, go out drinking with them and what not! It is always going to be like that! Just because! You get fired you get your job back in two -three days or weeks if you are a driver. Quit complaining about UPS being corrupt, TEamsters is UPS and UPS is Teamsters, be glad, 50% good 50% bad, the good-Pay, oppty.s Benefits-The bad you have some bad apples, be a productive employee and you will be fine, worry about #1 not anyone else, the less you know the better for you!

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I'll just start this by describing the problems.

#1 sneaky managers- We have countless times written down at our hub of managers, yes more than 1, pitching in. from doing the smallest work to loading trucks..just to help make there numbers look decent. Our union guys make it seem like there into it but they never ever want to persuit a grievance even after proof was shown. I have a feeling our Main Boss may be involved in something fishy. The more managers step in and help, the more they look good and the more VOLUME i've noticed hits our hub.

OMG!! Your right.. we managers are being forced to work to make our numbers look better. Thats why I wear business casual everyday, man it gets so hot in my sport coat when I am loading.

#2 a Driver was tricked into resigning over checking off a package minutes before delivering it, so they say. yes defrauding the company but they got him on GPS and thats against UPS union agreement to base anything off GPS and it was over a week since this happened.
union did not step in at all when they had the time.

After I finished loading the trucks, I reviewed my Telematics report and I noted the employee was not following trace. I then brought the employee in the office and questioned him on why he broke trace. He then admitted he was defrauding the company and resigned-with the steward present. Pretty tricky of me....

#3, I was sent a Suspension letter 2 weeks after being late, the sup on duty said to stay home that day they had someone coming in. I did not sit down with a manager orunion s. and sign a damn thing. I just recieved that crap in the mail no notice what so ever. when I confronted management with my union the manager said they would like to reduce it and they knew about it they were just forgot to tell me after 3-4 weeks. THERE IS NO WAY THATS POSSIBLE.

OOPS, sorry put your name on the letter instead of the other person, was so tired after preload didn't realize my mistake...how about we just reduce it, call it even.

#4 there are employees and managers working before the clock starts. we have managers speeding up our belt making everyone struggle all day just so they are looking pretty by 8:00 or so, keep in mind where seing more and more volume everytime these managers step in and make us look like superhero's on paper. I conclude the reason behind this is our newest manager. Ever since this guy came it seems our jobs have hit an all new stress level.

I had the speed control for the belt put in my office. When I take my break from loading the trucks (slow for me) I can adjust the belt speed (fast for everyone else).....

I just want feedback guys positive or negative, I realize i'm one cattle out of the work force but this ***** needs to stop sooner or later. I'm not the type to watch these kinds of things happen when I know it can EASILY be prevented.
Thanks!

Please enjoy the positive feedback, I know I do...:wink2::wink2::wink2:

Last edited:

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Give your grievances to your local shop steward and go with him to make sure they are presenred to a managemant person within the prescribed time limits set forth in your local agreement. The Union MUST represent you if you request it. If not done so top your satisfaction by your steward, follow the chain up the local Union until you get to the president. If still no help there are avenues outside the Union that you can persue, you need to have lots of documentation and all your ducks in a row if you go that route though.

Management will try every trick in the book to get work done as fast and cheaply as possible. As long as it is being allowed it will never stop. You need to stand up for your self and all your Union brothers. They will follow you if they begin to see results.