"Management doesn't have to care about people, just numbers." - Laguna Brown

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We wish, Upper Management is always harping on us and harassing us to care about our people.
I get so tired of this ... I wish they could give us robots.
Robots don't whine and bitch all the time ... employees are always wanting something.
I just listen to them and say, "I'll get back to you." LOL ... I never do.
If they ask 3 times, I will finally respond. Just pests!
Can't they see I don't care?

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant.

Thanks to Laguna Brown for inspiring this thread.

fethrs

I see the numbers game all the time at my hub. I guess I am lucky in that I don't have to deal with Upper Management on a daily basis. My pt and ft sups are mostly pretty decent folks and somewhat easy to approach. I have seen the "we don't care about people" game, I am not really affected by it

Is this unusual?

Re-Raise

We wish, Upper Management is always harping on us and harassing us to care about our people.
Robots don't whine and bitch all the time ... employees are always wanting something.

I hear ya Hoax.

We have overweight, overpaid management come into our building all the time with their soft girly hands and their 80's suits trying to talk to those of us that actually work for a living.

We know they can't wait for the trucks to leave so they can retreat to an air conditioned office so they can repeat yes sir over and over on a conference call.

And then they try to talk to us.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I hear ya Hoax.

We have overweight, overpaid management come into our building all the time with their soft girly hands and their 80's suits trying to talk to those of us that actually work for a living.

We know they can't wait for the trucks to leave so they can retreat to an air conditioned office so they can repeat yes sir over and over on a conference call.

And then they try to talk to us.

hook line sinker

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
The only #'s I care about is how many days as a driver I am without accident or injury.

Also, how many hrs. I have invested with my family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Also, how many #'s of methodes was I able to keep 2day and how many more improvemnets 2 those #'s I can do 2marrow.

We need to worry about this and management needs to do a follow up on the drivers who dramatically perform better #'s observing wether or not they did it safely by ALL THE METHODES!! if not, then those 3"S shouldn't count!!!!!!!

Observe the runner gunners b4 those with a lower performance. Prove to me that safety means something!!!!!!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Also, how many #'s of methodes was I able to keep 2day and how many more improvemnets 2 those #'s I can do 2marrow.

We need to worry about this and management needs to do a follow up on the drivers who dramatically perform better #'s observing wether or not they did it safely by ALL THE METHODES!! if not, then those 3"S shouldn't count!!!!!!!

Observe the runner gunners b4 those with a lower performance. Prove to me that safety means something!!!!!!!

UPS Management has nothing to prove to you.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

that's the worst idea i've heard this week. why the **** would UPS try to slow down its best drivers??

most of the people i've seen injured or go on disability were the ones that whined about safety and harassment and moved slower than molasses

stop hiding behind safety because you're slow or lazy

Catatonic

Nine Lives

that's the worst idea i've heard this week. why the **** would UPS try to slow down its best drivers??

most of the people i've seen injured or go on disability were the ones that whined about safety and harassment and moved slower than molasses

I have not decided whether he/she is serious but either way he/she is amusing. And on a roll in the last few days.

upsgrunt

How long were you a package car driver, Superman?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
How long were you a package car driver, Superman?

if someone is consistently in the last 2-3 to return to the building, every night for months in a row, every single other person you see cover their routes, even in the blind, come back hours earlier, and when you have other drivers refusing, under threat of discipline, to help them because they know just how worthless they are....

it doesn't take a genius to put those pieces together

brown_trousers

wow! its a wonderful world we live in! degraded down to a "I dont care" attitude.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
if someone is consistently in the last 2-3 to return to the building, every night for months in a row, every single other person you see cover their routes, even in the blind, come back hours earlier, and when you have other drivers refusing, under threat of discipline, to help them because they know just how worthless they are....

it doesn't take a genius to put those pieces together

Not necessarily true.....the last few weeks I have been one of the last drivers to arrive back at the building. Not because I drag butt all day but because I am getting my butt handed to me on a platter.

gostillerz

Route one: always run scratch or under.
Route two: 2.5 over, same as the other 4 guys who run that route.

center manager tells me I have to work on my methods. Yup, I'll get right on that.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
wow! its a wonderful world we live in! degraded down to a "I dont care" attitude.

LOL

hook.jpg
hook.jpg

Re-Raise

Route one: always run scratch or under.
Route two: 2.5 over, same as the other 4 guys who run that route.

center manager tells me I have to work on my methods. Yup, I'll get right on that.

They actually did a virtual time study on a bulk stop on my route and decided to take 1/2 hour away from me for that stop.

I asked them what has changed at that stop and they said , they must be getting in the package car and helping you unload. You can't make this stuff up. Their numbers mean nothing in reality.

bigblu 2 you

cambridge and harvard recently revealed a 2 year joint study on "numbers " in the work place,and the results were amazing. the agreed result was "numbers are the work of the devil",,,soon afterwards ups management bought the rights to all numbers and well,you know the rest.