"Management doesn't have to care about people, just numbers." - Laguna Brown

Catatonic

Nine Lives
BTW Hoax, what have you been smoking this weekend. I've seen some really weird posts.:surprised:

Thanks for noticing my efforts ... no smoke and no drink. I'm out there enough already.

Been practicing my "stream of consciousness" writing by reacting to posts of others.

I should thank 407, laguna and backlasher for inspiration this weekend.

rod

Retired 22 years
BTW Hoax, what have you been smoking this weekend. I've seen some really weird posts.:surprised:

I say let Hoax be-----------his "wierd posts" frame of mind is better than when he gets into his "I'm a moderator-hear me roar" attitude. ;-)

jaker

trolling
They actually did a virtual time study on a bulk stop on my route and decided to take 1/2 hour away from me for that stop.

I asked them what has changed at that stop and they said , they must be getting in the package car and helping you unload. You can't make this stuff up. Their numbers mean nothing in reality.
This right here is really screwing us , how can you sit at a computer and tell me how long it should take at a stop

That like saying you should get to your area faster because you are able to hit every green light because the computer said you should

Virtual time study = virtual reality

Re-Raise

This right here is really screwing us , how can you sit at a computer and tell me how long it should take at a stop

That like saying you should get to your area faster because you are able to hit every green light because the computer said you should

Virtual time study = virtual reality

I know. I had no idea the time study was being done, and they ended up punishing me for working quickly the week or day they did it.

I would have liked it better if they had taken time away from me because someone else ran it quicker.

They are punishing me for how fast I delivered it. They know they have lost any chance to ever question me on my over / under. I am just pissed that I ever cared before and screwed myself bvecause of it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I say let Hoax be-----------his "wierd posts" frame of mind is better than when he gets into his "I'm a moderator-hear me roar" attitude. ;-)

Don't get me wrong, I like the weird, stream-of-consciousness Hoax. Kind of a more coherent rocket man.

(And rocket man is​ the man.)

jaker

trolling
I know. I had no idea the time study was being done, and they ended up punishing me for working quickly the week or day they did it.

I would have liked it better if they had taken time away from me because someone else ran it quicker.

They are punishing me for how fast I delivered it. They know they have lost any chance to ever question me on my over / under. I am just pissed that I ever cared before and screwed myself bvecause of it.
Dude that's not your fault they can do a study on a Sunday , that's why it's called virtual they look down from space and start whipping math and numbers out their butt

To drive 20 miles should take you 15 mins , a stop with so many pieces should take you so long to deliver it , a long dirt road is treated like it is paved so you should be able to drive 25mph on it ( ask me how I know that one )

Thats why when you ask for a 3 day ride alone to set your stops they blow you off , every guy I know that got one done came in way under what their the virtual time study said it should be

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We wish, Upper Management is always harping on us and harassing us to care about our people.
I get so tired of this ... I wish they could give us robots.
Robots don't whine and bitch all the time ... employees are always wanting something.
I just listen to them and say, "I'll get back to you." LOL ... I never do.
If they ask 3 times, I will finally respond. Just pests!
Can't they see I don't care?

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant.

Thanks to Laguna Brown for inspiring this thread.

Who do you manage?
I was under the impression you were a tech geek?
You've been looking for a fight all night?
Did I let you down?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Who do you manage?
I was under the impression you were a tech geek?
You've been looking for a fight all night?
Did I let you down?

I wouldn't bother fighting with you and you can never let me down because I will never count on you. :raspberry-tounge:

A bit nerdy but not technical enough to be a geek. :geeky:

I manage a disparate group of people whose efforts cost UPS around 10 million/ year and hopefully bring in around 35 million ROI.
Before that I managed groups of 4 -12 people and my last operations job I managed 192 people.

Any more questions?
And BTW, I hope you don't count on me for anything because you are not on my radar. :peaceful:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Thanks for noticing my efforts ... no smoke and no drink. I'm out there enough already.

Been practicing my "stream of consciousness" writing by reacting to posts of others.

I should thank 407, laguna and backlasher for inspiration this weekend.

You are obviously on some sort of 12 step program?
It will be OK.
We are here to help????

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Are you on some sort of 12 step program?
It will be OK.
We are here to help????

It's a 51 flavors program at Bangin' Robbins.
Your banging Andy Capp makes my schizophrenia worse.
I guess you try to bang anything that moves ... or doesn't move.
At least you're not banging me.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I wouldn't bother fighting with you and you can never let me down because I will never count on you. :raspberry-tounge:

A bit nerdy but not technical enough to be a geek. :geeky:

I manage a disparate group of people whose efforts cost UPS around 10 million/ year and hopefully bring in around 35 million ROI.
Before that I managed groups of 4 -12 people and my last operations job I managed 192 people.

Any more questions?
And BTW, I hope you don't count on me for anything because you are not on my radar. :peaceful:

We wish, Upper Management is always harping on us and harassing us to care about our people.
I get so tired of this ... I wish they could give us robots.
Robots don't whine and bitch all the time ... employees are always wanting something.
I just listen to them and say, "I'll get back to you." LOL ... I never do.
If they ask 3 times, I will finally respond. Just pests!
Can't they see I don't care?

Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant.

Thanks to Laguna Brown for inspiring this thread.

If your subordinant's could hear you talk???