Management forcing me to perform other job classifications

Chris73191

I have 10 years of seniority and I am a designated hazmat responder. Lately management has been sending employees in the load home then forcing me into the unload due to them being “ short staffed “. Other instances they will say we only need one responder currently and request I go to the unload. From my understanding, I am changing job classification within the operation and they need to go in reverse seniority order. Should I be able to fight this when it occurs? Are there articles in the contract I can cite?

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
I have 10 years of seniority and I am a designated hazmat responder. Lately management has been sending employees in the load home then forcing me into the unload due to them being “ short staffed “. Other instances they will say we only need one responder currently and request I go to the unload. From my understanding, I am changing job classification within the operation and they need to go in reverse seniority order. Should I be able to fight this when it occurs? Are there articles in the contract I can cite?
unfortunately you have to work as instructed you’re just a little preloader not a TOP DOG RPCD.

just unload the trailer super slow that should do the trick 😎

MECH HAS SPOKEN
✊🧔‍♂️

Brownwind

unfortunately your a glorified preloader and fall into the work as directed category. Remember to use the methods and don’t hurt yourself. Most likely this is temporary. At least you’re still working and getting insurance. Could be worse.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
In our region everything must be done in respect with seniority. But you must always work as directed and grieve for it later. The work must be offered from the top and forced from the bottom. Consult your local steward and or business agent to see if they have any language concerning getting moved around. I managed to fight them moving me around early on because they didn’t want me grieving them and wrote them up for seniority violations, retaliation, and union discrimination. Also see if the loaders are getting their guarantee before being let go, but good luck with that uphill battle in convincing them to stay.

Cowboy Mac

Use every article in the contract. I would go to the unload, work extra safe, and file on every contract violation you see. Sup with no name tag, that’s a grievance right there. Restrooms not maintained in sanitary conditions? Grievance. Sups working. Seniority violations. Harassment.

dudebro

I don't know every supplement and labor agreement, but simply speaking, most likely what you are is a package handler classification, meaning, you can unload, sort, load etc. as instructed. Being a first responder means you can perform that work in addition to package handling, but it doesn't mean you're no longer a package handler.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I don't know every supplement and labor agreement, but simply speaking, most likely what you are is a package handler classification, meaning, you can unload, sort, load etc. as instructed. Being a first responder means you can perform that work in addition to package handling, but it doesn't mean you're no longer a package handler.
This is correct. You may have a preferred job. But are still classified as part time package handler.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I am the greatest RPCD to walk the earth
christina.gif