management freeze?

He will learn in time. It's the same when we were kids and when our parents were kids and so on and so on. :peaceful:
I don't remember exactly when it was that I began to realize that the older I got, the smarter my parents became. Looking back on that I now see they didn't really learn all that much in that time....but I did.

Working4TheBene's

I believe that most districts are in the hiring freeze zone. As positions come "Un-occupied" it is really up to the District Mgr to weigh in on whether or not it gets filled.... So unfortunately, just becasue there's an opening, won't mean someone will fill it anytime soon. And I think there is there is a freeze on salary and merit increases for full time mgmt... it's suppose to be there part in trying to help the UPS bottom line to reduce costs....

It will be a waiting game to see if the mgmt positions become availasble any time soon....but if that's what you worked towards, then just be patient.... UPS will get out of this slump.... I wish you luck in your pursuits.

I think upper mgmt in both the union and UPS should sit and chat and figure out a way to eliminate/reduce the people that we all know should probably not be in their positions and are just basically occupying space and being paid good bucks for it too.....

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I don't remember exactly when it was that I began to realize that the older I got, the smarter my parents became. Looking back on that I now see they didn't really learn all that much in that time....but I did.
You are right Trpl. It is the nature of the age or era. Back then life was so simple or more so than it is today.