Management ignoring on-the-job injury

75thRanger

I'm a driver for Freight TL, on a new, dedicated contract (non union). Since its beginning, all drivers have complained about the unsafe manner in which the customer insists on loading trailers. Dispatch "doesn't want to hear it", because the customer is experiencing internal political conflict! The drivers have offered safe, effective alternatives, but to no avail. They've even issued 2' stepladders for us to stand on while we try to unload heavy, bulky freight from the extreme top of the trailers! A month ago, a 40 lb steel bedframe flew out of the top of the trailer, striking me at street level and causing injury. I immediately reported it to dispatch, informing them I was injured. It was completely ignored. Not for an hour, not even for a day . . . but for 3 1/2 weeks! Even though they were fully informed of the diagnosis and extent of the injury, as well of continued treatment and billing to MY health insurance, they continued to play the "DUMB ACT", continually ignoring all my correspondence, and all the while, keeping me on full driving duty, until I was involved in a minor crash and put out of service indefinitely. Not until almost 4 weeks later, when I contacted HR, did they send me for an examination at their medical facility and report the injury. And as of yet, no one has ever filled out an accident form, or asked me specifics about the incident. Last night, I was ordered to turn in my fuel cards, keys and to clean out my tractor.
I know that many of you may have experienced workplace injuries. Can you please enlighten me as to what SHOULD have happened, and what should happen next?

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_0144.GIF

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I immediately reported it to dispatch, informing them I was injured. It was completely ignored. Not for an hour, not even for a day . . . but for 3 1/2 weeks! Even though they were fully informed of the diagnosis and extent of the injury, as well of continued treatment and billing to MY health insurance, they continued to play the "DUMB ACT", continually ignoring all my correspondence, and all the while, keeping me on full driving duty

And you let them get away with this?

If you ever wore that patch, you understand that you do not take no for an answer.

ManInBrown

Is Freight a different company. Did a pickup one time in a straight job, and a freight driver was their. Best to my recollection he wasn't even browned up. They're not union?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Not on the one i saw last week. Just plain white with ups freight truckload and dot number. Trailer also had no shield. Just ups frieght truckload in small print.
Im pretty sure that is just Photoshop for the website

Over 70

Ours have the logo all over them here and say UPS freight in big black letters on the trailer with a grey background

The drivers wear uniforms too. Not brown though slightly different.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is Freight a different company. Did a pickup one time in a straight job, and a freight driver was their. Best to my recollection he wasn't even browned up. They're not union?

They are a division and their drivers wear uniforms.

Freight truckload does not have the ups shield on their trucks.

They are in the process of rebranding and you may have seen an older tractor.