Management is weird

possibleparrot381

So I've been enforcing the whole guaranteed hours thing in my case 3 and a half and supervisors throw fits about it and say just leave nothing to do. Ok well I'm still supposed to get paid regardless for this time I personally would rather do something. We always have misloads I always offer to check some cars but they act like I am kicking their dog. I don't get it I just want the time I'm entitled to

Last edited:

Boston25

So I've been enforcing the whole guaranteed hours thing in my case 3 and a half and supervisors throw fits about it and say just leave nothing to do. Ok well I'm still supposed to get paid regardless for this time I personally would rather do something. We always have misloads I always offer to check some cars but they act like I am kicking their dog. I don't get it I just want the time I'm entitled to
If they send you home and don’t pay you your guaranteed 3.5 hours then file a grievance. They either have to find something for you to do or send you home with pay.

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
If they send you home and don’t pay you your guaranteed 3.5 hours then file a grievance. They either have to find something for you to do or send you home with pay.
I know this is slightly off topic but when I was new in my PTer, days I used to sit in the preload office for upwards of 30 to 45 minutes waiting for them to find me something to do.

If you havent hit your daily guarantee, ask them if you can stay to get your guarantee or if they are sending you home without it.

I second the grievance procedure. Nothing here at UPS works except the grievance procedure. Its easy and you get paid.

wht1zzfe

What if they're overstaffed and send you home? I always wondered about that when I was PT. Can you still get the 3.5 hours?

Boston25

I know this is slightly off topic but when I was new in my PTer, days I used to sit in the preload office for upwards of 30 to 45 minutes waiting for them to find me something to do.

If you havent hit your daily guarantee, ask them if you can stay to get your guarantee or if they are sending you home without it.

I second the grievance procedure. Nothing here at UPS works except the grievance procedure. Its easy and you get paid.
Yup or have us sweep the floors. I had a manager tell me when he was in another building and there wasn’t any work due to a storm. The guys wanted their guarantee so they went outside and shoveled snow for their guarantee. When they ask me to go home I tell them I drove all the way in here to work so I’m going to work or you can paid me my 8 hour guarantee. That shuts them up.

Boston25

What if they're overstaffed and send you home? I always wondered about that when I was PT. Can you still get the 3.5 hours?
If they are over staffed and volunteer you the day off and you accept it that’s one thing. You won’t get your guarantee. If they force you home they will have to pay you the 3.5.

542thruNthru

Yup or have us sweep the floors. I had a manager tell me when he was in another building and there wasn’t any work due to a storm. The guys wanted their guarantee so they went outside and shoveled snow for their guarantee. When they ask me to go home I tell them I drove all the way in here to work so I’m going to work or you can paid me my 8 hour guarantee. That shuts them up.
If I'd have been sent out to shovel snow I would have hurt my back and reported a injury. I'm sure the center manager would have got a ear full on that one lol.

Indecisi0n

Do you really care how they act? They could sit there and curse, kick and scream but as long as your getting paid who cares.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
If I'd have been sent out to shovel snow I would have hurt my back and reported a injury. I'm sure the center manager would have got a ear full on that one lol.
I'd have orchestrated a snowball fight in the lot.

I'd love to see the reaction I got from my BA for a warning letter for failure to shovel as directed. :D

542thruNthru

Id prank called @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U that lazy *
tenor-103.gif

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
well apparently we are supposed to get paid anyway which is dumb why send people home
They know half the part timers just want to go home and sleep. And of the other half, only half of those will be willing to stand up for their daily guarantee. They will try to cut staffing as necessary without paying any guarantee pay by making you feel like you are the a hole if you ask for it.

possibleparrot381

They know half the part timers just want to go home and sleep. And of the other half, only half of those will be willing to stand up for their daily guarantee. They will try to cut staffing as necessary without paying any guarantee pay by making you feel like you are the a hole if you ask for it.
Yes exactly "oh it's Friday don't you want to go home" uh no I can stay another half hour it's not gonna kill me. I might as well be asking for a raise