Management licking their chops

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Yes the King sits on his throne and tells the peasants there is nothing to worry about if you do what "I" do....

mean while, across his little kingdom, the peasants are missing one by one until 6 are gone because they followed the kings advice.

Then one day the King rolls thru the kingdom and woosh..his :censored2: got burned by the Dragon and he makes seven.

The Dragon returns to his den to await his next foolish meal....who listened to the king.

Buuuuurp.. no hard feelings just doing my job.

WTF does that mean?

Its a fairy tale.

Kind of like some of the dispatch "plans" they like to come up with.

You see, its perfectly OK to deliver packages at 11:00 at night in DragonWorld.

OptimusPrime

Its a fairy tale.

Kind of like some of the dispatch "plans" they like to come up with.

You see, its perfectly OK to deliver packages at 11:00 at night in DragonWorld.

The post does have some truth in it. Maybe Soberups can get away with that kind of stuff, but to basically say that is how we should all be handling the situation is precarious. Not some stooge to management, but if they want me out delivering res at 10:00PM, then that's how it goes down. Will take actions after the fact. No way am I going to sheet a bunch of missed, and just bring it in.

happybob

Feeders
I don't care. I am not disturbing people and possibly sleeping children.
It was many years ago, summer 2002, when the company finally realized the late nights are not worth it. 1100p.m. a crazy truck driver rumbles up the street, honking the horn, loudly anouncing UPS as he walks up the walkway, knocking very hard on the front door and loudly anouncing, UPS, then leaving the packages on the door step and walking away. Many children woken in the neighborhodd from the loudmouth driver and the wildly barking dogs. Never was dispatched that heavy again.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It was many years ago, summer 2002, when the company finally realized the late nights are not worth it. 1100p.m. a crazy truck driver rumbles up the street, honking the horn, loudly anouncing UPS as he walks up the walkway, knocking very hard on the front door and loudly anouncing, UPS, then leaving the packages on the door step and walking away. Many children woken in the neighborhodd from the loudmouth driver and the wildly barking dogs. Never was dispatched that heavy again.

I hope you are happy Bob.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have yet to hear of service provider get shot..in 25 years of making deliveries in the dark...

nice job with all the cheap shots about management...

Yes the King sits on his throne and tells the peasants there is nothing to worry about if you do what "I" do....

mean while, across his little kingdom, the peasants are missing one by one until 6 are gone because they followed the kings advice.

Then one day the King rolls thru the kingdom and woosh..his :censored2: got burned by the Dragon and he makes seven.

The Dragon returns to his den to await his next foolish meal....who listened to the king.

On July 5th 2011, I brought approximately 20 missed stops back to the building at 9:30 at night.

The following day, my supervisor issued me a warning letter for " failure to follow methods." when I asked which specific methods I failed to follow, his response was "I dont know."

This supervisor was fired 4 months later for stealing Oxycontinn from packages. I, on the other hand, am still employed by UPS.

The moral of this story, I suppose, would be that anyone who is too stupid to (a) dispatch correctly or (b) not steal drugs is obviously too stupid to write a warning letter that I should give a sh$t about.

upsman68

I have yet to hear of service provider get shot..in 25 years of making deliveries in the dark...

nice job with all the cheap shots about management...

I have had two drivers in my building had guns pulled on them. They were lucky they did not get shot. I know of five drivers attacked by dogs delivering after dark. One of the drivers I had to go finish his route while he went to the doctor.

It happens.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Is it the largest in the state? I am only asking, because unlike some people from UpstateNY, I don't know the answer.
Yes, as far as I know. I was at the airport one day looking at the territory map they have hanging upstairs. I thought it might be outdated. Deliboy was there(this was before the 'move' across the street) and I asked. At that time, it was still.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

I hope he was also "jingling" his keys as he was approaching the house.:devil3:

barnyard

KTM rider
The USPS does not let their walking carriers work past dark. They say it is a safety issue. My bro in law has a mostly driving route and he is usually at his building at dusk.

Johney

Do you just like hearing yourself talk that you need to post the same mumbo jumbo twice?