Management opportunity

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
No I don’t think I am I gave them a bottom dollar that I had to have and am very doubtful they’ll get to it. But if they do it’s a good possibility.
If it was about money, driving will make you more. At one point I was working a ton, making more than my center manager, and working the same hours.

I gave this advice to two previous drivers that went into management three years ago. They went ahead and made the jump, then made another jump to another employer. Before they left they both said, “ I should have taken your advice and just stayed driving”.

Don’t be another statistic.

clean hairy

Having to foot the bill for your health insurance premiums costs how much?
Then, how does the healthcare you would get compare to what you have now, deductibles, etc.
Remember, if you get terminated, you have no one to hopefully get your job back.
You may reoprt to work one day and are told you have been transferred to another facility.
Think about before you make the move.

barnyard

KTM rider
In my building, I do not think that it would be worth it. center manager expects ORSs to work 10-11 hour days. If there is a cut in pay, I would expect an appropriate cut in hours worked also. The combination of the cut in pension and the cost for healthcare would make it a non-starter for me.

So, for those keeping track at home, that would be 3 strikes against. The only advantage would be no longer getting in and out of a PC 150+ times a day.

In my building, I do not think that it would be worth it. center manager expects ORSs to work 10-11 hour days. If there is a cut in pay, I would expect an appropriate cut in hours worked also. The combination of the cut in pension and the cost for healthcare would make it a non-starter for me.

So, for those keeping track at home, that would be 3 strikes against. The only advantage would be no longer getting in and out of a PC 150+ times a day.
Until they are short handed and make you run a route blind.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Dont do it you will quit or be fired within a year, just had a driver go into management for the same reason lasted a whole 2 months with finding a different job. No pension have to pay healthcare and if you smoke or chew you have to pay into the program because you are at risk. Every person I have seen in management hates it or has no life other then UPS. But do as you wish once your gone you dont come back as they say. Try switching routes or look for a in building job would be my suggestion or feeders, once you have run through all of those options then you can call yourself an office monkey if your heart desires.

CoolStoryBro

This exactly. Jump if your body can't make it to retirement. Or you want a stepping stone to another career with another employer.

Daf

I have the opportunity to go into management as an on road sup. I have been with Ups for almost 15 years. Driving FT for around 8. That being said is it worth it. They gave me a number for my salary and I’m not satisfied with it I countered there offer and haven’t heard back yet. My question is what happens with the other 6 1/2 weeks out of the year. Since you get paid once a month that is 48 weeks. There are 52 in a year and 4 months have 5 weeks. How does that work and is it worth it?
Keep in mind that you will have to pay for your insurance. Also they can fire you for whatever reason they want. You will no longer get overtime, and you will work more than 40hrs.

sikidiki

Talked with my co worker about this today, moving from a driver to a sup is like career suicide. Less pay, benefits, no union, more stress ect, haven't you noticed in your 15 years how many sups come and go?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I have the opportunity to go into management as an on road sup. I have been with Ups for almost 15 years. Driving FT for around 8. That being said is it worth it. They gave me a number for my salary and I’m not satisfied with it I countered there offer and haven’t heard back yet. My question is what happens with the other 6 1/2 weeks out of the year. Since you get paid once a month that is 48 weeks. There are 52 in a year and 4 months have 5 weeks. How does that work and is it worth it?

Cut in pay
Cut in respect
Cut in pension, you're vested with a pittance
Cut in respect
Cut in healthcare, you don't realize what you have for free now
Cut in respect
Cut in physical output, the only good thing
Cut in respect
Cut in opportunity, without a degree - you're stuck in operations
Cut in respect
Cut in job security
Cut in respect

Sounds like a great opportunity !!!!
giphy.gif

rocket man

rocket man

Why do you have to ask these questions if you've been a driver for 15 years.? Are you that brown nose that yourhead is up your ass that long and you haven't noticed anything

rocket man

Why do you ask this question after 15 years of being a driver? Are you not much of a brown nose that your head is been up your ass for 15 years and didn't notice anything about management