Management Pension Buyout conversation time, again...

oldbrownguy

Dragon, you still on here? Its been many months for me. But I am hearing from many sources that the BOD believes we have too many sales people and they have HR working on the #'s to see if something can be done. Anyone else hearing this? We have about 12,000 sales people and FDX does the same thing (sells their services), with a much smaller sales force. We have some old folks hanging around too and the reasons are many. But with the retirement fund not 100% funded anymore, and people living longer, it makes sense to help convince some of us old folks to sail off into the sunset and take our pension with us. I know we hear it annually, but I'm wondering if another area of the country (not the NE) is hearing anything?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Sorry but that scrub wouldn't know anything about this....better get with someone else on that question....I'm sure @UpstateNYUPSer will know the answer or if he doesn't he can call his people for the answer

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Not hearing anything like that here. Coldworld is just upset that no one asked him and like most of his brethren they think they know it all..and we will just leave it at that.

Go enjoy your weekend Coldworld...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Not hearing anything like that here. Coldworld is just upset that no one asked him and like most of his brethren they think they know it all..and we will just leave it at that.

Go enjoy your weekend Coldworld...
Don't take it personally mr dragon....I call most mgt scrubs, the name is not inclusive to you....I see their pompous attitudes and how they treat their employees and just laugh at the mentality and the absolute bogus expectations your superiors put on you and your partners and many of you suck it all up like a crack fiend needing their next fix....who knows, maybe I'll drop in on you sometime...let's do lunch... you are in the NW district... right. And btw, I don't think I know it all, you seem to have a complex about drivers sticking up for themselves....I just want to see things run fairly and unfortunately I don't think that word is in yours or ups' vocabulary....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sorry but that scrub wouldn't know anything about this....better get with someone else on that question....I'm sure @UpstateNYUPSer will know the answer or if he doesn't he can call his people for the answer

This is the first that I have heard of this. Our BD people used to be in the building all the time but now we rarely see them. I will ask Carmine the next time that I happen to see him.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This is the first that I have heard of this. Our BD people used to be in the building all the time but now we rarely see them. I will ask Carmine the next time that I happen to see him.
I know that they cut back on bd a few years ago and many of them had hundreds of accts they were responsible for.....many times my customers couldn't get ahold of them and so I had to put on another hat as customer business development liaison just to get the ball rolling.and in most cases my center mgt "team" wanted nothing to do with the customers anyway so they were zero help...I found it hard to understand why I was the only one concerned about FedEx visiting some of my largest customers multiple times on one month...

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Don't take it personally mr dragon....I call most mgt scrubs, the name is not inclusive to you....I see their pompous attitudes and how they treat their employees and just laugh at the mentality and the absolute bogus expectations your superiors put on you and your partners and many of you suck it all up like a crack fiend needing their next fix....who knows, maybe I'll drop in on you sometime...let's do lunch... you are in the NW district... right. And btw, I don't think I know it all, you seem to have a complex about drivers sticking up for themselves....I just want to see things run fairly and unfortunately I don't think that word is in yours or ups' vocabulary....

I am up for lunch anytime. I am not in the NW district so that might be a problem.

There is a difference between sticking up for yourself and fighting management on every thing day after day. You are the employee, work as instructed (just like any where else). Do not take that to mean, do as I say.....

It is the same argument everyday so I will leave it that.....

oldbrownguy

I know that they cut back on bd a few years ago and many of them had hundreds of accts they were responsible for.....many times my customers couldn't get ahold of them and so I had to put on another hat as customer business development liaison just to get the ball rolling.and in most cases my center mgt "team" wanted nothing to do with the customers anyway so they were zero help...I found it hard to understand why I was the only one concerned about FedEx visiting some of my largest customers multiple times on one month...
Coldworld, our customers have many ways to reach out to their account reps. UPS did NOT cut back on account reps a few years ago. They changed the way accounts are serviced. For example, one rep may work out of multiple buildings. Here in the NE, some reps have accounts in two or three buildings. But the support groups are available to handle most of the day to day activities so the reps (in theory) can focus on sales. Does it always happen that way? Nope...sheet happens...Center teams have their own issues to deal with and they rely on BD to take care of the customers. Is it perfect? Nope. But nobody is....