Management Pension Changes Impact (On Topic)

Scuba_Steve

Anyone else run their numbers yet? If you are anywhere between 45-55, have about 25 years in, and were part of the old <2001 plan, I believe you are going to be very hit hard like this.

Here is my projected impact based on the new online calculator from UPSers.

I used their output numbers but made my own graph of just the pension changes, because the graphs they create on that website has lots of unrealistic 401k filler under the actual pension amounts to try and trick the eye a little.

They seem to assume a couple of extra percentage points of matching 401k for just the last couple of years before retirement will make up for thousands lost per month in income over the rest of a lifetime benefit. They are basically lying if you ask me.

screwed.png

Let's be honest they did not implement this to benefit anyone ....
this is like when they were going to reduce my taxable income by paying me less .... lol UPS has balls I'll give them that ...

beentheredonethat

Anyone else run their numbers yet? If you are anywhere between 45-55, have about 25 years in, and were part of the old <2001 plan, I believe you are going to be very hit hard like this.

I used their output numbers but made my own graph of just the pension changes, because the graphs they create on that website has lots of unrealistic 401k filler under the actual pension amounts to try and trick the eye a little.

They seem to assume a couple of extra percentage points of matching 401k for just the last couple of years before retirement will make up for thousands lost per month in income over the rest of a lifetime benefit. They are basically lying if you ask me.

View attachment 142184
Mine were similar but since I'm older, I was less enhanced than you were. However, what I wonder if many people realize is for the age 55 where they say there is NO IMPACT. I ran calculations less then 3 months ago and saved them. I have lost 200/month from when I ran it before the enhancement to now. I'm early 50's so they definitely enhanced us on top of the enhancement.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

View attachment 142184
Don't need a chart to see that they are friend'ing you front line managers ....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Let's be honest they did not implement this to benefit anyone ....
this is like when they were going to reduce my taxable income by paying me less .... lol UPS has balls I'll give them that ...
If you don't like it go find another job....you guys are really good at telling the hourly that so heed your own advice...

TheBrownLie

This pension change would not be that big of a deal if the stock would just split. 17 years and no split. People were leaving with a couple million in stock before the company went public. Of course upper management still gets stock options.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
this change made me 300k extra when i retire, before upping my investment to make the new match, which will add another 300k by the time i retire

maybe it sucks to be an old timer but compound interest has my back big time

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This pension change would not be that big of a deal if the stock would just split. 17 years and no split. People were leaving with a couple million in stock before the company went public. Of course upper management still gets stock options.
I fail to see how the stock splitting would increase the market value of UPS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not market value, but dividend payouts would be bolstered if a person doubled their shares.
Why is that PM?
You seem to have good advice in the past but I don't understand your logic.
If a stock is split the yield will be the same but since the stock share price was cut in half so will the dividend.
I've been through many share splits and the dividend was adjusted by the same factor.
Because of a stock split? I've never heard that before.