Management Retirement Denied

Luke Thighrocker

And this is where ups needs to step up to the plate and do what's right.

UPS hasn't and will never step up and "do what's right". There's no money to be had in that nonsense.

They will however, transform a golf cart into a miniature package car and "deliver a wish" to Lil' Johnny from Nowheresville USA.

Have you submitted your " deliverable wish" to upsers.com?

You can make a difference...

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
That is one of the grossest things I've heard any corporation do. I understand all the documents that were signed makes the move legal, but for :censored2:s sake, that is plain evil. 37 years in and not even a human response by UPS.

Because you know, it's not like the billions in profits each year, and a 10 year paid pension is going to bring Big Brown down.

Gross

Indecisi0n

I want to say unbelievable but it's not.

It's like when a driver called into work and explained his wife might be having labor pains and was calling out because he needed to take her to the hospital. When the driver explained that she was still weeks away from her expected date the sup responded "It's probably not the baby can't you just have a neighbor take her".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I want to say unbelievable but it's not.

It's like when a driver called into work and explained his wife might be having labor pains and was calling out because he needed to take her to the hospital. When the driver explained that she was still weeks away from her expected date the sup responded "It's probably not the baby can't you just have a neighbor take her".

It is nothing like this.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Now it's time for the civil suit against UPS.

Based on what? From what I read the advice given was within the guidelines of applicable law and the member in question was of sound mind and body when he made the decision.

It would be nice if the company said "close enough" and "did the right thing" but how long would companies stay in business if the continually chose to "do the right thing".

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Yes, UPS did what they were "legally" obligated to do however, it still was not the "right" thing to do. I feel nothing but shame for whoever made that decision.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, UPS did what they were "legally" obligated to do however, it still was not the "right" thing to do. I feel nothing but shame for whoever made that decision.

The deceased made their decision easy for them by putting his wishes in writing.

They had a contract and the company is simply living up to their end of the bargain.

Sucks? Absolutely.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I knew this guy ,, seemed like a good family man , and a company man !
Only knew him briefly , but seemed like an all around nice guy, sorry to see his family in this predicament

Indecisi0n

I knew this guy ,, seemed like a good family man , and a company man !
Only knew him briefly , but seemed like an all around nice guy, sorry to see his family in this predicament
If this was my building I would print that article out and secretly leave copies around the entire building.