Management retirement

brownalltheway

Get ready for announcement concerning traditional retirement plan. As you probably know it is underfunded and it's this way so the Big guys can keep profits high and they can get their Long Term incentive. Be prepared because the company doesn't care about employees 50 or over. They are so high on the millennial group (who have no drive or motivation) that they will get rid of the old

rod

Retired 22 years
Since you are part of neither, why does this concern you?

I'm betting that:

1. You won't retire when you said you will because you have nothing else going for you in your life.

2. IF you do actually retire you won't leave the Brown Café because being you are a know it all you will figure the place would fold without you.

The main question is -- why have I always concerned you?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Get ready for announcement concerning traditional retirement plan. As you probably know it is underfunded and it's this way so the Big guys can keep profits high and they can get their Long Term incentive. Be prepared because the company doesn't care about employees 50 or over. They are so high on the millennial group (who have no drive or motivation) that they will get rid of the old

1. who cares when you have a Roth IRA + HSA, a 401k or a pension is just icing on the cake by then

2. i'd take 1 millennial who can instantly identify a stupid process over 10 boomers or X'ers who do something because "that's the way it's always been done hurrrr just get errr dun"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

True but there is something to be said for loyalty to a company.

My son is a milleniel who works for an aerospace defense company. He likes his job but has already begun looking at his options re: employment elsewhere. He has a 401k with an employer match which he can bring with him.

Career UPSers, both hourly and mgt, will soon be a thing of the past.

Joe P

Quick question............resigned after 12 years. 7 as a driver 5 in management. How do I retrieve retirement benefits?

rod

Retired 22 years
Quick answer---you don't-----------------------not until many moons down the road (if even then).

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Winner!
I agree with an IE Sup but how about a driver?
millenials don't avoid driving because of the hard work per se

millenials avoid driving because of the negative stigma associated with it:
1. by society at large (see anything mike rowe talks about work)
2. by current drivers whining and bitching in front of hourlies so much they scare them away from it

when i was a preloader i thought the drivers and management must be the most miserable people on earth

what i learned later was that people are just miserable when they first come into work lol

brownalltheway

Non-union pension changing. I bet it has no impact in a CEO that has to be the worse in UPS history. Story in Wall Street Journal with more detail being explained tomorrow. This company is falling to the :censored2:s since we went public and the union also doesn't care about the growth.

Traci Blount

Does anyone have a phone number or email address for the management retirement department? I need to contact them, but can't find anything. The number I have is apparently an old one.