Management Telling Us No More Cursing

satron82

Hi all.

I really don't know about the validity of this new code conduct, but I was just told today that starting next week, no one is allowed to speak any obscenities, while on the floor, and doing so can lead to termination. This puzzles me because management curse more than anyone else there. The same sup said that people have already been fired from Cach for this violation. I really hope this isn't true, but if it is, I'm going to ask for a list of words that aren't allowed to be used, AND I want these words brought up to everyone during PCM so there are no mix ups :happy2:

Almost forgot, he also stated that the reason this rule was enacted was to provide a less intimidating workplace, apparently because they want to hire more women. Anyone else hearing about this?

Last edited:

proudupstexan

Brian Borrego
Isnt that what the union is for? not lose you job? but i curs all the time at work sometimes when something isnt just working out i yell out ****!!! when the full time sups are passing by and they never tell me a thing but i guess it depends where you work

NHDRVR

Hi all.

I really don't know about the validity of this new code conduct, but I was just told today that starting next week, no one is allowed to speak any obscenities, while on the floor, and doing so can lead to termination. This puzzles me because management curse more than anyone else there. The same sup said that people have already been fired from Cach for this violation. I really hope this isn't true, but if it is, I'm going to ask for a list of words that aren't allowed to be used, AND I want these words brought up to everyone during PCM so there are no mix ups :happy2:

Almost forgot, he also stated that the reason this rule was enacted was to provide a less intimidating workplace, apparently because they want to hire more women. Anyone else hearing about this?

Ride the wave, wait for it to crash, then ride the 'new' wave, what ever that one is.

rinse and repeat...

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
This has got to be a joke. I can imagine our center team giving this directive;

"We have been advised by the *******s at corporate that there will be no more cursing, so knock it the **** off"

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Is using curse words really that big of an issue that people are willing to fight it vs cleaning up their act and not use them?

I find that interesting.

d

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Like the beginning of "Be Cool"

"You know, you can only use the friend word one time in a movie without getting an R rating. You know what I say, **** that."

we should all get one alottment per day to keep it PG-13 :)

greenmtnups

When management stops, we'll stop. It's that simple. Besides, everything is subjected to progressive dicipline. When they see what a pain to document all the curse words are, empty threat.
P.S. on a side note ,the "Birthers" don't have a leg to stand on and should find a new hobby.

evilleace

Well I don't see how they could fire you for this but I really don't see why you don't just use a little bit cleaner language at work.

sano

I would actually be in favor of this. I think it makes for a more professional workplace when the language is kept under control.
I don't use profanity, and it gets tiring being around people who cuss like sailors all the time.

I view excessive profanity as weakness. It shows that the person using it is unable to communicate using English so they need to use filler words to make their point.

Just my .02

I would actually be in favor of this. I think it makes for a more professional workplace when the language is kept under control.
I don't use profanity, and it gets tiring being around people who cuss like sailors all the time.

I view excessive profanity as weakness. It shows that the person using it is unable to communicate using English so they need to use filler words to make their point.

Just my .02
Nice try, I just don't buy it. I have been known to let an expletive escape a time or two when it shouldn't. However, as I have said before, a well place Hell or Damn sometimes helps stress a point that might otherwise go unnoticed.

You say it gets tiring being around people that cuss like sailors all the time and I don't disagree with that as such, however being around people who think the world is coming to an end when someone slips up make it boring.
You have your opinion, I have mine.

sano

Nice try, I just don't buy it. I have been known to let an expletive escape a time or two when it shouldn't. However, as I have said before, a well place Hell or Damn sometimes helps stress a point that might otherwise go unnoticed.

You say it gets tiring being around people that cuss like sailors all the time and I don't disagree with that as such, however being around people who think the world is coming to an end when someone slips up make it boring.
You have your opinion, I have mine.

Mostly my issue is with people that are using profanity multiple times in every sentence. There are several people on my dock that use the friend word as a adverb, verb, noun and adjective.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ok, I needed a good laugh, and I got it, thanks browncafe.
Swearing, if swearing bothers you, you need to work somewhere else.
if its that bad, walk away.
Just like on TV, change the channel.
If it offends you, why does everyone have to change to keep you comfortable?
There is a time and a place. With a customer never. With your co workers status quo.
GEESH.There are more hurtful things with no profanity involved.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What the **** you talking about. I haven't heard any of this *******. If anybody thinks I'm going to stop cussing that ********** can kiss my ****** ******* ***!