Manager vs Hourly fb comments

iamupser

Grease Monkey
If any of you have a facebook acct., this engagement with a UPS manager seems to be the position of MOST higher level management @ups.

I wonder if he posts on browncafe.com?

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Well no use looking now, it appears BOB left the building and took his posts with him, so now it looks I'm talking to myself! I'll post the archives in the near future!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have a Facebook page thingee that my wife and daughter set up for me because (a) they both thought I needed to have one and (b) they wanted me to be on their "friend" list so that they could score more points playing Farm Town. They even picked out all of the pictures that are on my "wall" and put all the info into my "profile". I had nothing to do with any of it.

I look at it maybe once a month. Ive gotten bombarded with "friend" requests from high school classmates that I barely remember. I see where people use it to fight and argue and have online pissing matches with each other. There is constant drama. There is no way in hell that I would interact with any of my supervisors via Facebook, that is a workplace disaster just waiting to happen.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
I didn't have a fb either but waiting OVER 1.5 years for UPS to correct a MIOSHA citation is ridiculous, considering myself and others have suffered various health issues while it so happens UPS isn't following minimum government ventilation rates.

I'm left with no other choice but to inform as many people as possible as there is strength in numbers, and MANY other people in UPS facilities are similarly situated.

So if UPS management would like to engage me in a meeting, forum, or public fb page, I'll gladly state my case for coworkers & myself.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There is no way in hell that I would interact with any of my supervisors via Facebook, that is a workplace disaster just waiting to happen.

2 of my sup's are my friends on Facebook. The other is the center manager and well, I don't need him seeing everything I bitch about. The other 2 are cooler and we hang out routinely outside of work.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If any of you have a facebook acct., this engagement with a UPS manager seems to be the position of MOST higher level management @ups.

This is a very unsafe video. I watched about 4 minutes and I was almost bored to death.
Please be advised not to watch this video while operating heavy equipment or a vibrator. Injuries may occur.

Last edited:

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes

I wonder if he posts on browncafe.com?
This is a very unsafe video. I watched about 4 minutes and I was almost bored to death.
Please be advised not to watch this video while operating heavy equipment or a vibrator. Injuries may occur.

It's not that its a 25 year old video and deathly boring...you were likely overcome by the fumes. Try opening all the windows while watching.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Well, I guess I'll try to explain it to you.

The 1st company, Gulf Stream, cared enough about their employees to ask an EXPERT organization in health and safety to come in and help design the BEST power tools for their employees to prevent injuries and illnesses. Sounds like UPS could take a lesson or 2 from an organization that cares enough to do that for their workers.

It may not apply to you, but you should care enough about your fellow UPSers who do have issues at some of UPSs facilities who WANT someone OTHER than Liberty Mutual giving the A-OK!

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes

The 1st company, Gulf Stream, cared enough about their employees to ask an EXPERT organization in health and safety to come in and help design the BEST power tools for their employees to prevent injuries and illnesses. Sounds like UPS could take a lesson or 2 from an organization that cares enough to do that for their workers.

It may not apply to you, but you should care enough about your fellow UPSers who do have issues at some of UPSs facilities who WANT someone OTHER than Liberty Mutual giving the A-OK!

NIOSH Immediately Dangerous To Life or Health Concentration (IDLH): 1,200 ppm

OSHA Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL): General Industry: 29 CFR 1910.1000 Z-1 Table -- 50 ppm

http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=INTERPRETATIONS&p_id=22333
57 ppm (average ppm over a continuous 7 hours) would be under the OSHA Time Weighted Average calculation used to determine permissible exposure limits.

57 ppm x (420/480) = 49.875 PEL TWA

I doubt the compassion of Gulf Stream prompted their actions. More likely they were having a high number of OSHA recordable injuries and high workers comp expense. Investing in tools that prevent injury related expense is a simple business move based upon cost justification.

tourists24

OSHA Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL): General Industry: 29 CFR 1910.1000 Z-1 Table -- 50 ppm

http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=INTERPRETATIONS&p_id=22333
57 ppm (average ppm over a continuous 7 hours) would be under the OSHA Time Weighted Average calculation used to determine permissible exposure limits.

I doubt the compassion of Gulf Stream prompted their actions. More likely they were having a high number of OSHA recordable injuries and high workers comp expense. Investing in tools that prevent injury related expense is a simple business move based upon cost justification.
And we all know UPS is very high on cost justification when it comes to operations. Just has to make sure it "says" that safety is the most important

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I need a better mouse that doesn't hurt me.

Griff

I need a better mouse that doesn't hurt me.

The guy uploads a picture of him blowing blood out of his nose or mouth because of the conditions in the building and you respond with something like this? ...and you are a moderator on this site? That's absolutely pathetic.

Sadly, this aptly named clown "Hoaxster", represents what I believe will be the majority of the opinion and reaction you will run into while trying to solve this issue OP. This company is run by corporate criminals and dehumanized minions and a court order or some form of legal action is the only thing they respect or respond to. You cannot reason with the unreasonable and you will receive no sympathy from the unsympathetic. There is no human element at UPS, only dollar signs.

iamupser

Grease Monkey

Thanks for those #'s, THANK GOD I live in a state that has better standards than the Federal OSHA. They have had basically the same air contaminant rules since 1971.

As far as the NIOSH HHE that we're looking to have performed, I'm not the only 1 who thinks it's a good idea. The head of occupational & environmental medicine at Michigan State University thinks it is too.