Mandated lunch!!!!! Fact finding

are you taking your lunch? In full?during the prescribed time?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

josh76

I'm in Maine and our contract reads that we are allowed an hour lunch between the 4th and 5th hour. UPS has taken upon themselves to say its mandatory and now writing up and suspending guys. I'm not looking for lectures about taking my lunch, your waisting your time. I've been running my lunch for at least 8 years and do so for myself. Everyone has their feelings on this and I respect that, please respect mine. Just doing some research
What I'm looking for is some info from everyone, please reply and answer the following
What state your in?
Is UPS mandating lunch in your center?Any discipline for not?
Are you taking a lunch?
Are taking lunch during the prescribed time?

thank you

indepro15

These drivers who enter a lunch hour and continue to work during that time are playing with fire. FALSIFYING RECORDS is a dishonest act and a cardinal infraction. They will give you all the rope you need if your willing to take it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm in Maine and our contract reads that we are allowed an hour lunch between the 4th and 5th hour. UPS has taken upon themselves to say its mandatory and now writing up and suspending guys. I'm not looking for lectures about taking my lunch, your waisting your time. I've been running my lunch for at least 8 years and do so for myself. Everyone has their feelings on this and I respect that, please respect mine. Just doing some research
What I'm looking for is some info from everyone, please reply and answer the following
What state your in?
Is UPS mandating lunch in your center?Any discipline for not?
Are you taking a lunch?
Are taking lunch during the prescribed time?

thank you
You only need 1 answer. WORK AS DIRECTED

josh76

I'll clarify I never put in my diad what I don't take and always take my 2. 10 minute breaks that are paid. I'm just tying to see what's happening across the country

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'll clarify I never put in my diad what I don't take and always take my 2. 10 minute breaks that are paid. I'm just tying to see what's happening across the country
It doesn't really matter what is happening. All that matters is what your center team wants.

It's different even within my local. Do what your bosses and keep your job or don't and lose it. Really makes no difference to me.

indepro15

From what I have been reading they are all different. State laws, contracts and management teams. You need to know your contract and state laws.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
If drivers would band together , take full lunch and breaks in the middle of day , they would never be able to do all this route cutting, combining routes. It will never happen, but it would be great.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
If drivers would band together , take full lunch and breaks in the middle of day , they would never be able to do all this route cutting, combining routes. It will never happen, but it would be great.
Everyone says that but then everyone is already out till the wee hours if the night and 9.5 grievances go unheard or cared about.

So yeah that would work

indepro15

9.5 letters should never be ignored. Even if they decide to just start paying them the third letter is supposed to go to a 9.5 committee, and dispatch should be adjusted