Mandatory masks

Stat41

I have heard that some stations are making it mandatory that PPE masks have to be worn while on the sort. Is this true for all stations? What about your location?

Artee

They started that about 5 weeks ago around here mandated by the director. You know how that goes, after week 3 hardly anyone is wearing a mask anymore including the managers. With all the new cases as of recent, I wonder how much wearing a mask is going to be reemphasized..

HedleyLamarr

Not yet, but the county my station is in started requiring masks inside stores last Monday, so it wouldn't surprise me if management starts making us wear them.

MassWineGuy

The city we’re in has ordered masks worn in the workplace. Most of us comply consistently. It’s difficult at pm sort when it’s hot and humid. My building is the riskiest spot in my day, so a mask makes good sense.

Nolimitz

was told I'd get Min's aka 35 hrs. Will verify tomorrow as I got pulled off mid day Fri If I have to burn Vac and sick, I'm going back to work as I have no symptoms or been tested. They dont test here unless you are symptomatic. My wife is required to still work at a hospital even with a positive in the house. Go figure

cosis

masks were mandatory for one day after learning a worker contracted Covid, after that most ppl don't wear them..

Buhryein

was told I'd get Min's aka 35 hrs. Will verify tomorrow as I got pulled off mid day Fri If I have to burn Vac and sick, I'm going back to work as I have no symptoms or been tested. They dont test here unless you are symptomatic. My wife is required to still work at a hospital even with a positive in the house. Go figure

We were told you have to burn all your sick days and then after that go on short term disability, this is if they mandate you to quarantine or after they send you for testing . If you self quarantine that's on you (though over here they said they are no longer allowing self quarantine)

Nolimitz

We were told you have to burn all your sick days and then after that go on short term disability, this is if they mandate you to quarantine or after they send you for testing . If you self quarantine that's on you (though over here they said they are no longer allowing self quarantine)
Like I said it was not my decision not to work, I dont see how they can force sick pay or vac. in this case(s) I am willing and able to do my job.

dezguy

Management here has been telling people, if they go off because of covid, they use your sick days but people who have been off because of covid have said they have been paid their minimums.

Guessing management is telling people that they'll take sick days in order to keep a mass exodus from happening.

Buhryein

Like I said it was not my decision not to work, I dont see how they can force sick pay or vac. in this case(s) I am willing and able to do my job.
That's what we figured but after they sent people either for quarantine or testing, this is what they told everyone was the policy on pay. I'd try HR as every station seems to have different info as to how it's being handled.

CTV driver was in NY when he came back was told he had to self quarantine and wouldn't be paid unless he wanted to use his personal and sick time.

SmithBarney

Told a few weeks ago mandatory, and masks were handed out, ops managers wouldn't wear them, only about 3-4 people wear them still... so much for mandatory. I punch in late each day to avoid the shoulder to should standing room only checkin room. They won't even stagger the starts, so we have 40? people all trying to punch-in, during the same 5 minute window...

Stat41

Told a few weeks ago mandatory, and masks were handed out, ops managers wouldn't wear them, only about 3-4 people wear them still... so much for mandatory. I punch in late each day to avoid the shoulder to should standing room only checkin room. They won't even stagger the starts, so we have 40? people all trying to punch-in, during the same 5 minute window...
My station has a supply of masks and gloves in the check in room that is open for everyone to reach their germ laden hands into, contaminate the masks in the container, and then place them on their faces. And Fedex just doesn't seem to see the cross contamination danger. Instead, we have to wear masks to give the appearance of being protected.

Nolimitz

40 in 5 min Wah! Try 120. And Sr confirmed min's for mandatory quarantine as well