Mandatory masks

Faceplanted

Rumor is it’s coming nationwide.
Driver in my center got a message it is now mandatory. If you choose to fill out an exemption form you will be forced to wear a face shield

the same medical condition that would exempt you from a mask may exempt you from a face shield.

they want you to wear a mask to stop covid19 viral particles, god forbid you are exempt from this, now they penalize you by wearing a face shield that does nothing to stop covid19 from entering or exiting your face.

when did ups change the appearance guidelines? When did masks become part of our uniforms? Why is this happening when deaths per day in the USA is down about 80%?

the executive order in my county exempts transit agencies. UPS is by definition a transit agency. This has nothing to do with legal “compliance”

GenericUsername

Would you rather wear a mask or be sheltered in place?

Sheltered in place. Start the planning now. We have enough dry food in our house to cook for 3 weeks (it's hurricane season) and some frozen stuff we could cook as well during the time if they were to shut it down right now. There's literally zero reason for anything to be open other than places where you can buy groceries, repair your house/car, or medical necessities. This includes warehouses/etc that ship things other than the above stated items. Karen does not need to be buying shoes online or toys for her kid. I'm sure they can survive for two weeks wearing what they already own and using their imagination to play. Suspend auto/house/utility payments indefinitely until it's all resolved.

Just shut it down already and get it over with.

Sheltered in place. Start the planning now. We have enough dry food in our house to cook for 3 weeks (it's hurricane season) and some frozen stuff we could cook as well during the time if they were to shut it down right now. There's literally zero reason for anything to be open other than places where you can buy groceries, repair your house/car, or medical necessities. This includes warehouses/etc that ship things other than the above stated items. Karen does not need to be buying shoes online or toys for her kid. I'm sure they can survive for two weeks wearing what they already own and using their imagination to play. Suspend auto/house/utility payments indefinitely until it's all resolved.

I don't think you can shut it down again. People will go crazy.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You think the virus just magically goes away in a couple weeks if no one goes anywhere?