Manual transmission package cars

Michael Scott

Just wondering if my center is a minority in the fact that roughly half of our package cars are still stick shift. Is this common throughout the country? We run 45-50 routes per day where I am at.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We got rid of our last manual like 7 years ago and we are in the middle of nowhere Montana. Your division manager must really hate your center.
they crushed them all 2 years ago. sucks. We had a shortage of cars for over a year since as they slowly replaced them with fords.

JustDeliverIt

Just wondering if my center is a minority in the fact that roughly half of our package cars are still stick shift. Is this common throughout the country? We run 45-50 routes per day where I am at.

I haven’t seen a stick here in a few years at least and we send about 200 routes out a day.

specter208

I miss those trucks. My favorite was the International 4700 with the 7.3 and 5 speed spicer. Tank. Had a transmission problem and was euthanized. Only about 100k miles and was an 01 model. The new automatics are boring and take no skill to drive.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
put me in a manual one time cause “ I was the only guy that knows how to drive it” ...popped that baby in neutral going 70mph and tried forcing her into reverse...RIP MANUAL
🧔✊

Dr.Brownz

They must hate your center. Our center is said to be one of the worst small centers around (low profits and lots of grievances!) and we have all nice new trucks, some even have that white fan gimmick in the back roof.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I haven't seen one in years. I'm fairly confident our tattooed crop of snowflake drivers would not know what to do.

Brown Wing

Sandbagger
Was one of the last to train on a manual here. Thing had 1.3 million miles and a two point seatbelt.

After qualifying I got sent out with a post office dump and 65 tight resi. Took me til 5 and they never put me in a manual again.