Many Companies?

clayco

Hi Everyone,

I am going for an interview tomorrow for a full time driving job with UPS Supply Chains Solutions. This is probably a dumb question, but is UPS a bunch of different companies, or say, if I get a job with UPS Supply Chain Solutions, do I work for UPS. I notice that the trucks are different out on the road. I also see that the forum is broken up into each division or whatever. Can someone clear me up on this please?
Thanks in advance!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
UPS is made up of several different divisions. Parcel is the familiar brown trucks delivering small packages. UPSFreight is a LTL division like a freight line. UPS Cartage seems to be part of Supply Chain Solutions. There is one down the street from my building that deals with a lot of airline and military cargo that is shipped internationally. SCS seems to run warehouse type services for other companies from what I have seen.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
UPS is made up of several different divisions. Parcel is the familiar brown trucks delivering small packages. UPSFreight is a LTL division like a freight line. UPS Cartage seems to be part of Supply Chain Solutions. There is one down the street from my building that deals with a lot of airline and military cargo that is shipped internationally. SCS seems to run warehouse type services for other companies from what I have seen.
I might add, UPS Freight also has truckload (TL) and Special Services (seems to be dedicated/steady house) divisions, and Cartage Services, Inc. was formerly Menlo (air freight).
And yes, they are all separate, as far as hourly employment goes.