March is Raise month.....or not.

DontThrowPackages

OK so we got last years raise in October when it was suppose to be handed out to us earlier that March. Now With March 2014 coming upon us, who's willing to bet there will be no raises handed out? And if this is true, do you believe they will bypass raises altogether this year?

El Morado Diablo

No way do they give raises in March. They still have to show that 1.7 Billion in cuts by the end of the fiscal year. There is a chance the next raise they give might be in October. If I were betting though I would put my money on March 2015.

SmithBarney

They already told us in March, that the raises were being moved to OCT company wide.
OCT is far enough past PEAK that they think most of us will forget that we had a RECORD PEAK with RECORD PROFITS... They'll tell us that the economy just isn't what it used to be.. and that FDX is struggling to make it...HAH! here's your $0.20 and your health care will go up too... ;)

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
It would be most greedy and impolite of us to expect a raise in March after just receiving one this past October.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It would be most greedy and impolite of us to expect a raise in March after just receiving one this past October.

Is that why you went from an enormous member to a limp member? If that were the case, every male FedEx employee would have erectile dysfunction.

Myort

I am guessing it will be moved back to March again. After they skip a raise in October. They probably will give us raises in October 2014 but it would not surprise me at all to not get another one until March 2016. Then they will have accomplished their goal of not giving us a raise for an entire year, but thinking they tricked us into thinking they were just delayed twice.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
At least there is some talk about raises..at home-- contractors are letting regular drivers go,hiring christmas temps as full time drivers,cutting pay by 120 to 150 a week....

DRAisawesome

Yep. Gotta love ground.

I think we will get the march raises. Just like I think we will hear how profitable the company is after that awesome peak

hypo hanna

They already told us in March, that the raises were being moved to OCT company wide.
OCT is far enough past PEAK that they think most of us will forget that we had a RECORD PEAK with RECORD PROFITS... They'll tell us that the economy just isn't what it used to be.. and that FDX is struggling to make it...HAH! here's your $0.20 and your health care will go up too... ;)
This. ^^^^^^^^

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
At least there is some talk about raises..at home-- contractors are letting regular drivers go,hiring christmas temps as full time drivers,cutting pay by 120 to 150 a week....

Nice. The LCD factor at work, and proof of the idea that Ground has only one mantra...cost. Yep, someone grossing $500 per week is going to be a true professional, kind of like the two gangsta types smoking weed on the video. You truly get what you pay for, and the bar is getting lower every day.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No way do they give raises in March. They still have to show that 1.7 Billion in cuts by the end of the fiscal year. There is a chance the next raise they give might be in October. If I were betting though I would put my money on March 2015.

I agree 100%. We can expect nothing in March except excuses.

DontThrowPackages

They'll probably buy back shares to raise the stock value, issue some stock options to executives, and then go for 2.7 billion causing a bigger increase in stock price.
Can you actually imagine how that can happen? They've cut so much from express, I don't know what else. Maybe they will pull a hostess twinky move by firing the express division and reopening with Ground type employees. Yes, that will be the next move. That will eliminate overtime, vacation, 401k, disability, sick pay and so on. Got to love American capitalism. Is it true the company is renting out a building in Mumbai full of 21 year old Indian men and 5 flight simulators? LOL.