Marijuana

MassWineGuy

Not that it's personally very important, but voters here in Massachusetts approved having marijuana for personal use become legal next month. FedEx says in numerous training materials that it complies with all state laws. How might this play out?

MAKAVELI

Its still an illegal substance federally and a banned substance concerning the DOT. Until those two things change we can't legally smoke and drive for FedEx.

By The Book

Not that it's personally very important, but voters here in Massachusetts approved having marijuana for personal use become legal next month. FedEx says in numerous training materials that it complies with all state laws. How might this play out?
What you do on your own time is none of their business. As long as you comply with your state law it shouldn't be an issue.

Slick silver

And old timer gave me advice when and if I was to smoke. Smoke on a Friday and use a personal day on Monday, that way by the time you come back it's out of your system if by the slim chance you get popped for a random. Did this a couple times, for times that I have hung out with some old friends. But now it's just not worth the time like when I was younger.

542thruNthru

And old timer gave me advice when and if I was to smoke. Smoke on a Friday and use a personal day on Monday, that way by the time you come back it's out of your system if by the slim chance you get popped for a random. Did this a couple times, for times that I have hung out with some old friends. But now it's just not worth the time like when I was younger.

I'm guessing you just never got tested. It takes longer than 3 days for you to test clean.
How Long Does Weed Stay In Your Urine?

!Retired!

What you do on your own time is none of their business. As long as you comply with your state law it shouldn't be an issue.
Just because it's legal in a particular state, doesn't change a thing. It's a condition of employment.
Random at FedEx for DOT only. But, they can screen you if there is suspicion you are under the influence.
Almost 17 years at FedEx, I don't know anyone called in for random testing.

By The Book

Just because it's legal in a particular state, doesn't change a thing. It's a condition of employment.
What condition is that again? Just to clarify my post, I'm not saying it's ok to be going to work and not be within the company's substance policy. I'm saying the company can't tell you you can't use marijuana on your own time, just because you work there.,if it's legal in your state.

Oldfart

What condition is that again? Just to clarify my post, I'm not saying it's ok to be going to work and not be within the company's substance policy. I'm saying the company can't tell you you can't use marijuana on your own time, just because you work there.,if it's legal in your state.
LOL You are funny. And most likely unemployed.