Market level Scam

Yomama11

Fedex has narrowed its market levels to 5 and if you dig deeper into the differences between these so called markets, mainly the bottom 2, fedex is saving millions. Last year market level B was the lowest market at fedex and it was $1.27 less than what a market A employee was making.

Example if you were making $19 an hour in market level A you would make $17.83 if you transferred to a market level B station and vise versa if you transferred from old B to old A. Now look what happend when fedex supposedly said that market B got a market level increase. Take the $19 hr employee, fedex gave him a 3% raise and stuck him into a step and the employee who's making $17.83 also gets a 3% raise and gets placed into a step. The magic trick happens when the step system was placed at a higher pay scale to benefit Market A employees not B. The $19 employee would go to step 5 current pay base market $20.50 . The $17.83 would go to step 3 current pay base market $18.45. Thats a difference 2 step, $2.05 a hour and 2 years to supposedly top out. Congrats to those market A employees with 8 years of servive and a big friend@@@ you to the 10 year employees in market B.
Now it gets interesting where people that transfer will not gain or lose any money if they transfer between the two old markets. So that step 5 employee ( old market A ) moves to an old market B location he'd stay at step 5 and if the step 3 employee (old market B) moves to an old market A station he'd stay at step 3.
Fedex is stealing money from its own employees. Just because old market A and old market B are now the same market (base) doesnt mean the two markets are the same. Market level B is still market level B and market level A is still market A. This applies if you worked at fedex before the step program was established. If you just got hired the base market at fedex doesnt keep up with cost of living when transferring between station. Do your homework before you transfer.$40,000 in one area needs to be $45,000
in another area but Fedex doesnt agree.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You must be pretty new if you believed the whole thing was for our benefit. They had no choice but to create the 10-step formula in order to keep people. Of course they're going to make it as confusing as possible so as to hide the scam. FedEx never gives without taking away more.

Yomama11

You must be pretty new if you believed the whole thing was for our benefit. They had no choice but to create the 10-step formula in order to keep people. Of course they're going to make it as confusing as possible so as to hide the scam. FedEx never gives without taking away more.
Anyone new wouldnt know anything about what i just said.

vantexan

Anyone new wouldnt know anything about what i just said.
Anyone new is told they'll top out at pretty decent pay in 9 years. Anyone who's been around awhile will know that it will take them a lot longer overall to get that same pay. Crappy for them but still better than all those years at much lower pay. If I were 40 and had just put in 16 years I wouldn't be thrilled, but I'd take it. And eventually I and many like me will be gone and the majority of couriers will be topped out and reasonably happy with it. FedEx has positioned itself to be more profitable and if that meant running over thousands of employees to do it that's fine in their eyes. We were all expendable and should be grateful for the job. That's the cold, hard reality of business in today's world. They're trying to get rich, and we're only as important as our ability to help them achieve that.

zeev

Anyone new is told they'll top out at pretty decent pay in 9 years. Anyone who's been around awhile will know that it will take them a lot longer overall to get that same pay. Crappy for them but still better than all those years at much lower pay. If I were 40 and had just put in 16 years I wouldn't be thrilled, but I'd take it. And eventually I and many like me will be gone and the majority of couriers will be topped out and reasonably happy with it. FedEx has positioned itself to be more profitable and if that meant running over thousands of employees to do it that's fine in their eyes. We were all expendable and should be grateful for the job. That's the cold, hard reality of business in today's world. They're trying to get rich, and we're only as important as our ability to help them achieve that.
Bravo zulu

Serf

Just had a SKIP level meeting. Director confirmed express is putting together a fund to help contribute to healthcare for senior employees who otherwise would or should have retired but stay on for the healthcare. As if you didn't realize before, they want topped out, vet couriers out.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Just had a SKIP level meeting. Director confirmed express is putting together a fund to help contribute to healthcare for senior employees who otherwise would or should have retired but stay on for the healthcare. As if you didn't realize before, they want topped out, vet couriers out.
That's funny.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You've been scammed. FedEx already contributes to retirees who don't opt for COBRA coverage. We get a whole $85 per month to cover those expenses.

Oldfart

Bring it on.

bacha29

Tells you what younger couriers have to look forward too when they reach that stage of their lives. Like those who preceded them they will not be retired, they'll be disposed of.

vantexan

Tells you what younger couriers have to look forward too when they reach that stage of their lives. Like those who preceded them they will not be retired, they'll be disposed of.

Most painful experience of my life. I went round and round in this large ceramic bowl. Tried to call for help but could only make gurgling noises. I thought I would be flush with cash, not flushed without a stash. The horror.