Marking another fatality....

quad decade guy

A guard was killed in my District a day ago during inbound. This was just a matter of time. I'll blame the company and driver for being too lax. When the company took keys out of the guards hands....the outcome was certain. Here, Covid just guaranteed it. Smoke signals, wink and nod is not the way to run semi's and people in close proximity. Our Company is completely out of control. This is a result of that policy. We didn't even get a global message....

Like load retainers....a matter of time with a total lack of security. A tragedy waiting to happen. Deliberate indifference kills. Ignorance and apathy of the Company, drivers, Union and Security Company will kill again.

Johney

Well I am curious. I know he's bitched and moaned about not handing keys over to guards since Covid and I saw that too before I left feeders, but the guards taking keys was not a save all method by any means regardless. I'd just like to hear what happened.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Well I am curious. I know he's bitched and moaned about not handing keys over to guards since Covid and I saw that too before I left feeders, but the guards taking keys was not a save all method by any means regardless. I'd just like to hear what happened.
He’s preparing his statement.

Johney

I heard the unit rolled back while the guard was on the ladder removing the top seal. Guard fell to the ground and cracked his skull.

was the ..pull key...procedure followed ?.........
It doesn't matter about the key. Sounds to me from what over says happened is the driver didn't pull the brakes causing the truck to roll. Guard should've known if the brakes were pulled. When I shifted I had to open trailer doors. First thing I did before walking to rear of the trailer was check the seal control and ask the driver if his brakes are on. You'd be surprised how many guys I likey saved from roll a way. Never once took a set of keys.

Johney

I suppose the driver could've been an idiot and not waited for the guard to clear him or like we did tell him which door. I'd like to hear exactly what happened. Our building they cut seals and opened doors,told driver which door to put it on. Most other hubs I went to they just cut the seal.

Someone posted a picture of their IVIS saying a driver started pulling away with a guard between the set. No idea if these incidents are one in the same, or if that IVIS pic was old, just saying.

quad decade guy

I will say this: There was a table at every hub in the district with a written and verbal review of the pull key procedure.