Masks Worn in Warehouse?

BrownZen

Does anyone know where I can find written policy on wearing masks while loading? Do employees wear them on their respiratory openings where you work? Neck and forehead mostly at my location. Management put out medical masks inside the contagious zone (warehouse) to put on. The idea of one side of the mask for your respiratory system and one side for the contagious zone seems to be too complicated for UPS. Also the disposable medical mask is not safe to wear when sweating and working hard as the moisture causes them to break down and particles enter your lungs. OSHA Federal law states they must give PPE training if they provide PPE but they do not. THe entire UPS policy seems about political compliance and not based on safety at all.
box_warning.jpg

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Does anyone know where I can find written policy on wearing masks while loading? Do employees wear them on their respiratory openings where you work? Neck and forehead mostly at my location. Management put out medical masks inside the contagious zone (warehouse) to put on. The idea of one side of the mask for your respiratory system and one side for the contagious zone seems to be too complicated for UPS. Also the disposable medical mask is not safe to wear when sweating and working hard as the moisture causes them to break down and particles enter your lungs. OSHA Federal law states they must give PPE training if they provide PPE but they do not. THe entire UPS policy seems about political compliance and not based on safety at all.View attachment 327015
Quit worrying about masks and quit misloading
🧔✊

takesteady

At my hub people wear masks when entering the building but always take them off when they actually start working. We’re in an unventilated building in a southern state doing manual physical labor, what do they expect?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Does anyone know where I can find written policy on wearing masks while loading? Do employees wear them on their respiratory openings where you work? Neck and forehead mostly at my location. Management put out medical masks inside the contagious zone (warehouse) to put on. The idea of one side of the mask for your respiratory system and one side for the contagious zone seems to be too complicated for UPS. Also the disposable medical mask is not safe to wear when sweating and working hard as the moisture causes them to break down and particles enter your lungs. OSHA Federal law states they must give PPE training if they provide PPE but they do not. THe entire UPS policy seems about political compliance and not based on safety at all.View attachment 327015

OSHA does not consider masks to be PPE, but they do affirm employer's rights to require employees to wear them, even though OSHA respiratory protection experts know they don't slow the spread of respiratory viruses.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
For Christ sakes they said 80% of the population would somehow get the virus from the beginning , but everyone acts surprised. STFU
🧔✊

Fuzzy Brown

What is this warehouse you speak of?

BrownZen

OSHA does not consider masks to be PPE, but they do affirm employer's rights to require employees to wear them, even though OSHA respiratory protection experts know they don't slow the spread of respiratory viruses.
Face coverings are not considered PPE (bandana etc) but I think medical masks are and require training.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Face coverings are not considered PPE (bandana etc) but I think medical masks are and require training.

UPS does not require wearing medical masks. The ones many people mistake for surgical masks are not medical grade.

Last edited:

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
They have asked us to practice safe sex?