Mass Shooting Solutions

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Okay, hombres, it's time for the great unwashed to solve the dilemma that our elected representatives are incapable of doing.

Please submit your proposal on how to:
A) Prevent mass shootings of innocent children, churchgoers, concert/theater attendees, etc., and
B) Preserve the 2nd Amendment Right of citizens to bear arms.

I ask that any criticism of any proposal be done with respect and a rational discussion of your disagreement, and your alternative solution.
Name calling is for losers.

My proposal is not a complete solution, but a starting point:
1) A Citizens Panel to determine which weapons are capable of inflicting mass casualties.
2) Requiring a 2-week classroom course and field training in the safe use of these weapons.
3) Trained instructors who are able to weed out unstable participants.
4) Prohibit the resale of these weapons.

This is my preliminary idea to address the issue, that will not satisfy anyone, but possibly work.

newolddude

Liability insurance for all gun owners and on ammunition. Use the revenue to pay for more police who are paid better, more prisons with guards who are paid better, more security guards in schools who are better trained, hardening schools, more courts and better mental health care.

And when criminals don't have liability insurance on those guns, that's another charge to keep them in jail.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The majority of mass shootings are in inner cities, mostly by repeat criminals. We should start there.

More police, more prisons, harsher penalties, and mandatory minimum sentences so left wing judges can't keep letting criminals back on the street.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The majority of mass shootings are in inner cities, mostly by repeat criminals. We should start there.

More police, more prisons, harsher penalties, and mandatory minimum sentences so left wing judges can't keep letting criminals back on the street.
93% of mass shooting occurr in gun free zones. The state with the most mass shootings also has the most gun free zones, California. What a surprise. Let’s see what oldroadturd has to say about that.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I believe in extensive background checks and thorough psychological screening of each person before a firearm purchase permit is issued.

Unfortunately I also believe that it has to be a federal standard and not in the hands of the state government.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
1) A Citizens Panel to determine which weapons are capable of inflicting mass casualties.
2) Requiring a 2-week classroom course and field training in the safe use of these weapons.
3) Trained instructors who are able to weed out unstable participants.
4) Prohibit the resale of these weapons.
1) Like cars and knives? Most weapons are capable of mass casualties if used effectively.
2) A class? For what? To make mass shooters more accurate and effective at reloading?
3) Firearm instructors are not psychiatrists. Even if they were, do you understand the bias of the people in the psychiatric industry? Do you understand what most people who spent a decade in academia think about the psyche of conservatives?
4) What mass shooting would this have prevented? This serves no meaningful purpose other than infringing on constitutional rights.

Thebrownblob

I believe in extensive background checks and thorough psychological screening of each person before a firearm purchase permit is issued.

Unfortunately I also believe that it has to be a federal standard and not in the hands of the state government.
We don’t need permits. The world is full of moral relativism how could anyone decide if someone is psychologically capable of anything? The same people you want evaluating you say there’s multiple genders and mutilating children for sex change operations is perfectly fine.

Thebrownblob

Liability insurance for all gun owners and on ammunition. Use the revenue to pay for more police who are paid better, more prisons with guards who are paid better, more security guards in schools who are better trained, hardening schools, more courts and better mental health care.

And when criminals don't have liability insurance on those guns, that's another charge to keep them in jail.
Aren’t you the same knucklehead who complained about police not doing anything? The fact is the most dangerous place in the world is anywhere with a sign that says no guns. The only one not bringing a gun in is the law abiding citizens, Who just became a sitting duck. Businesses and facilities that put those signs up should be sued since they could not guarantee security.

UnionStrong

You don’t need a “permit” to purchase a firearm. Just a background check.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
  • outlaw political lobbying
  • revoke the 17th amendment
  • revoke the 1965 immigration act, strip citizenship from anyone who wouldn't qualify under the National Origins Formula
    • non-citizens won't be deported, but are completely ineligible for any legal or economic protection
    • all employees not paid directly in cash must prove US citizenship
    • shoot anyone trying to illegally cross the border
  • revoke 1986, 1968, and 1934 gun control acts
  • abolish all welfare and minimum wages
  • abolish Fed
  • abolish IRS
  • abolish income tax, replace with flat tariffs
  • abolish Corporate personhood
  • abolish or reduce most Federal agencies
  • close all US military bases outside US territory, fix military spending to 2.5% of GDP
alright out of breath for now, but that should get us heading in the right direction

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
All you have to do is see what works in countries that used to have mass shootings and made changes
and no longer have them.

Great Britain
Australia

and more.

vantexan

And if the Federal government doesn't want say registered Republicans to own guns then will we see a lot of said Republicans not passing those screenings? You can say won't happen but was already proven that the Cincinnati office of the IRS, which was in charge of approving tax exempt status for political PAC's back in 2016, was approving just about all liberal PAC's while denying conservative PAC's. And the head of that office went to a lot of meetings at the White House during that period. Something not normally done, if ever, by the head of an IRS field office.

UnionStrong

And if the Federal government doesn't want say registered Republicans to own guns then will we see a lot of said Republicans not passing those screenings? You can say won't happen but was already proven that the Cincinnati office of the IRS, which was in charge of approving tax exempt status for political PAC's back in 2016, was approving just about all liberal PAC's while denying conservative PAC's. And the head of that office went to a lot of meetings at the White House during that period. Something not normally done, if ever, by the head of an IRS field office.
He’s a fool if he trusts the federal government. But he doesn’t understand much anyway.

Integrity

Binge Poster
We don’t need permits.
I disagree.
The world is full of moral relativism how could anyone decide if someone is psychologically capable of anything?
Training.
The same people you want evaluating you say there’s multiple genders and mutilating children for sex change operations is perfectly fine.
I believe there should be thorough psychological screenings for these types of things as well.