Massive NE Snowstorm

UnconTROLLed

perfection
31" here so far, still snowing. The drifting is what is really serious. Some parts of the property are blown down to 6", while drifts along the house are 4-6'+. Snow literally above the windows of my bedroom and living room.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Tidal surge was very bad .
Local wharf , recently rebuilt with federal $$ , had the floor pushed up and the door pushed into the room by the waves. Everything is still there just a little damp.
The parking lot next to it is missing .

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Tidal surge was very bad .
Local wharf , recently rebuilt with federal $$ , had the floor pushed up and the door pushed into the room by the waves. Everything is still there just a little damp.
The parking lot next to it is missing .
How does this storm compare with the others on your little island? (winter storms)

DS

Fenderbender
i would have to drive for 2 days to see snow * guess what? don't want to make the drive or see the snow *
snow is nice on Christmas cards
Don't be jealous,my wife shovelled this before I got home.
P1000736_zps5631da5f.jpg

BrownArmy

Our only saving grace might be that not much will have gotten through the system over the weekend.

But then that just moves the screwing to Tuesday or Wednesday...

$$$

opie

Going to be tough with the UPS truck going down some streets. With all the snow, streets get narrower and harder to find a spot to park. What do you FTers do, turn around if it looks too tight and sheet it as what?

Ms.PacMan

Going to be tough with the UPS truck going down some streets. With all the snow, streets get narrower and harder to find a spot to park. What do you FTers do, turn around if it looks too tight and sheet it as what?
Normally I would say expect to walk off a lot of your deliveries if you're an air driver, but I'm not sure that you'll be able to park and walk without blocking an entire street if the streets are down to one lane.

FT drivers sheet as emergency conditions. Prepare for a longer day and just take your time.

Try not to get into a backing turnaround situation - the plow mounds may prevent you from turning around or get you stuck.

UPSGUY72

I don't worry about parking on the side I stop and park right in the middle some no one can get buy deliver the package and move on if someone has a problem with me blocking traffic that there problem they aren't going to hit me trying to drive around me.

If I can't drive down the street and it to long to walk off it gets ECD try again tomorrow...

Next week is going to be a joy $$$$$$$$