Maternity UPS uniforms

jbeard

I am a female driver in need of maternity uniforms. Does anyone know if they exist? So far they think the solution is ordering me mens xl- tall shirts. I normally wear a small, go figure. Any info would be great.

InTheRed

never heard of any such thing. I would think you would need to go to the larger sized clothes. Pregnant UPS drivers are few and far between. Just curious, how far into your pregnancy will you continue to work on-road?

705red

Browncafe Steward
I am a female driver in need of maternity uniforms. Does anyone know if they exist? So far they think the solution is ordering me mens xl- tall shirts. I normally wear a small, go figure. Any info would be great.
Do not risk your child by working full duty, i hope you have long term disability. That unborn child is more important right now than delivering packages. JMO

over9five

Staff member
Welcome to BrownCafe, Jbeard!
I hope you will continue to post. Your experiences as a pregnant UPS driver would be great to hear.
As has been said, be careful out there.

ladybrown

I had my son during my preload days, didnt need a uniform then. Last year a driver in our building had a baby. She had inquired about maternity uniforms, there is no such thing! They just recommend you wear "bigger" uniforms. Good luck with your pregnancy. As the other drivers here have said, Be careful! Your unborn child is way more important than this job! I dont know if UPS has told you this, as they probably havent. If your doctor gives you any type of a weight restriction, and if you have a good doctor, they will! UPS will not allow you to work under any restrictions, as there is no light duty at UPS. If you cant do your job 100% than you are deemed, disabled. We do have short term disability benefits, use them! It is only 60% of your wages, but well worth it when it comes to the welfare of your unborn child! If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask, I know a little bit about this subject , I dealt with it all four short years ago.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...Your unborn child is way more important than this job!... If your doctor gives you any type of a weight restriction, and if you have a good doctor, they will! UPS will not allow you to work under any restrictions, as there is no light duty at UPS...

I will echo the sentiment that your unborn child is far more important than this job. But, as for the light duty, this must vary from center to center, as light duty is available in our center, although I don't know if it would be available for pregnancy. I was put on light duty before returning to work after my surgery--I sat in the jump seat and basically gave directions to the cover driver for a week before I was cleared to return. I should preface this by saying that I did stay home for 2 weeks to recover.

ladybrown

I will echo the sentiment that your unborn child is far more important than this job. But, as for the light duty, this must vary from center to center, as light duty is available in our center, although I don't know if it would be available for pregnancy. I was put on light duty before returning to work after my surgery--I sat in the jump seat and basically gave directions to the cover driver for a week before I was cleared to return. I should preface this by saying that I did stay home for 2 weeks to recover.

We only have light duty at our center after returning from an on the job injury. It may very well vary from center to center as most things do. LOL

I don't know if this applies to pregnancy, but if you fail your DOT physical due to high blood pressure you are allowed to work inside while you are getting it under control. Also, they have inside work for people that are in substance abuse rehab and can't drive.

again, please be very careful, there are many things that can happen in a day, driving or working inside, that simply aren't good.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I am a female driver in need of maternity uniforms. Does anyone know if they exist?

You could just order through Feeders. They should fit you perfectly, right through your ninth month. :happy-very::happy-very:

All joking aside, take care of that child first, everything else is second.

eagle1

They use to make maternity pants, and shirts. The pants have an elastic panel in front, without any pockets. The shirt was too baggie, but it covered the up the elastic panel on the pants. And might I say the pants had no belt loops, so I had to use tape and wrap it around me to hold them up.

Doctors told me to work as long as I felt good, and with my first child I worked right up to the week he was do. I felt GREAT everyday!!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
They use to make maternity pants, and shirts. The pants have an elastic panel in front, without any pockets. The shirt was too baggie, but it covered the up the elastic panel on the pants. And might I say the pants had no belt loops, so I had to use tape and wrap it around me to hold them up.

Doctors told me to work as long as I felt good, and with my first child I worked right up to the week he was do. I felt GREAT everyday!!!
You could be the girl I know who did absolutely work up to the week before. Her doctor told her since she was used to the work, the lifting wouldnt hurt her. And she was about 95 pds before her pregnancy, I never knew how she did it non-pregnant. But that was also pre 150pd weight limit. Be careful for sure.

P

pickup

the only problem is that now after the baby was exposed to that for nine months, everything he does is with a sense of urgency, he can't slow down:happy2: Seriously, to the original poster ; the most important package to deliver is the one in your womb. Don't be a hero.