Maxine Waters

moreluck

golden ticket member
(The Hill) — Wall Street executives are bracing for the possibility that Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) will take over as the senior Democrat on the House Financial Services Committee after Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) retires.
Waters is in line for Frank’s spot and could become chairwoman of the panel if Democrats retake the House. Frank announced Monday that he will not seek another term in the House.

The California liberal is considered left of Frank, an architect of 2010’s Wall Street reform bill, on financial issues.

While banks and other financial institutions often battled Frank, he was seen as someone they could work with. Wall Street views Waters as more of an opponent.

“She’s not a good face of the issues,” one financial executive said. “She’s too much of a bomb thrower.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
How come her hearings on wrong doing were never held.....like Rangel's were????

| Thursday, February 16, 2012 @ 9:24 am | Waters: Fat Cat Bankers “Shaking In Their Boots” At Thought of Me As Chairwoman of Financial Services Committee…
S
orry, Maxine, but that shaking is the American public shuddering at the thought of the Dems taking back the House.
(OTM) — Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) said banks on Wall Street are “shaking in their boots” at the prospect of her becoming Chairwoman of the House Financial Services Committee.

Waters is next in line to take over as top Democrat on the panel following the retirement of Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) at the end of 2012. She told California Democrats gathered for a convention last weekend that she was eager to take over at the top, urging them to help Democrats reclaim control of the House in the upcoming election.

“Let me let you in on a secret. I am the senior-most person serving on the Financial Services Committee,” she said. “Barney Frank is about to retire and guess who’s shaking in their boots? The too-big-to-fail banks, and financial institutions and all of Wall Street because Maxine Waters is going to be the next chair of the Financial Services Committee!”

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh yeah, because of her interpretation of the pres & Netanyahu's (sp) words....we are all so relieved. What the heck does she know about this stuff??

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
(The Hill) — Wall Street executives are bracing for the possibility that Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) will take over as the senior Democrat on the House Financial Services Committee after Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) retires.
Waters is in line for Frank’s spot and could become chairwoman of the panel if Democrats retake the House. Frank announced Monday that he will not seek another term in the House.

The California liberal is considered left of Frank, an architect of 2010’s Wall Street reform bill, on financial issues.

While banks and other financial institutions often battled Frank, he was seen as someone they could work with. Wall Street views Waters as more of an opponent.

“She’s not a good face of the issues,” one financial executive said. “She’s too much of a bomb thrower.”

Waters is a bad choice, and not because of her politics. She's corrupt, and has used her office inappropriately for personal and familial gain.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Waters is a bad choice, and not because of her politics. She's corrupt, and has used her office inappropriately for personal and familial gain.
And yet, there's never been a hearing......it's like it just went away. Rangel's didn't go away and he had his hearing.

texan

lol who hasn't??

Good point.

The collective net worth of all of the members of Congress increased by 25 percent between 2008 and 2010.

The collective net worth of all of the members of Congress is now slightly over 2 billion dollars. That is "billion" with a "b".

This happened during a time when the net worth of most American households was declining rapidly. According to the Federal
Reserve, the collective net worth of all American households decreased by 23 percent between 2007 and 2009.

The average net worth for a member of Congress is now approximately 3.8 million dollars.

12 Facts About Money And Congress That Are So Outrageous That It Is Hard To Believe That They Are Actually True

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gee, I could call you a woman, but I'd have to think about it because you're like a slug......I'll think about what I'll call you. Oh for pete's sake!

So they praise the Supreme Court for upholding the mandate, then refuse to agree with the ruling that it is a tax?
Via Daily Caller:

Following the Supreme Court’s decision to uphold the individual health insurance mandate in President Barack Obama’s health care law as a tax, California Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters praised the court’s ruling but told The Daily Caller that she personally has “not decided” whether or not to call the mandate a tax.

TheDC asked Waters if she agrees with Chief Justice John Roberts that the provision requiring all Americans to purchase health insurance or pay a fine is a federal tax.

“What I have not decided is whether or not it’s better to call it a tax or a mandate. What I have decided is it’s absolutely necessary that it be paid for, that if we’re going to cover all of these preexisting conditions that I just alluded to, we have to have the income by which to do it and so I have not decided that one may be better than the other,” she told TheDC. “I’m going to think about that and I’m going to review and perhaps I’ll have a different opinion on it later on, but right now I’m just happy.”

You know, if they don't like it being a tax, it can be put back under "commerce" and the whole law declared unconstitutional. Would they rather have that? Huh?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Dem Rep. Maxine Waters: Voting Against Sharia Law Is GOP Fear Mongering And Bigotry…
Of course the bigotry that is inherent in Sharia law isn’t of any concern to Maxine Waters.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just because she helped secure TARP funds for a bank that her husband was part owner of (even Barney Frank warned her not to do it) shouldn’t disqualify her from serving on the House Financial Services Committee, right?

Via The Hill:
Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) has been officially named the top Democrat on the House Financial Services Committee.

The outspoken liberal vowed Tuesday to protect the Dodd-Frank financial reform law from GOP attempts to dismantle it, while pursuing reform of housing finance with the new chairman, Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas).
While Waters and Hensarling rarely see eye to eye on policy, she said in a statement she hoped to “reconcile our visions” at the top of the banking panel. But she gave little indication she was willing to consider changes to the Dodd-Frank financial reform law, which Hensarling has harshly critiqued.

“I look forward to working with my colleagues to protect, defend and implement the important provisions of Dodd-Frank, which will continue to strengthen our financial system,” she said. “I understand that regulatory certainty is an important aspect of growing our economy, and remain committed to ensuring clear and transparent regulation which creates the space for innovation, safety and soundness.”

Babagounj

Strength through joy
She is doing quite a disservice to all that voted to give her a job when she stated that she would boycott every meeting and event which require her to be in the same room with the POTUS .

I hope the next person who runs against her bases their campaign her missing all these events .

moreluck

golden ticket member
She is doing quite a disservice to all that voted to give her a job when she stated that she would boycott every meeting and event which require her to be in the same room with the POTUS .

I hope the next person who runs against her bases their campaign her missing all these events .
Isn't she in like her 20th term??

moreluck

golden ticket member
RJeIlV1.jpg