Maybe We Should Burn The Place Down

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
After reading the post from the courier who is quitting and cashing-out his 401k to go back to school, I am seriously angry. Jesus, how much more :censored2: must they dump upon us before we DO something? I am speaking figuratively in the title of this post, but we're all dead men (and women) walking at this company at this point in time. Burn them however you can.

overflowed

After reading the post from the courier who is quitting and cashing-out his 401k to go back to school, I am seriously angry. Jesus, how much more :censored2: must they dump upon us before we DO something? I am speaking figuratively in the title of this post, but we're all dead men (and women) walking at this company at this point in time. Burn them however you can.

They don't need help in this. Well on their way.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They don't need help in this. Well on their way.

I know it's an obscure reference, but this whole scenario is like something out of the movie Cowboys Vs. Aliens. If you've seen it, think about the scene where they first see the alien ship in the desert. To me, that's "Memphis". And the evil, snarling aliens within who view humans as "insects"...are our management. "Destroying" them is the only option, and they have a distinct advantage because they are "superior". Eventually, they are undone, mostly by their own arrogance.

arpadjs

You can always burn them back.... (god knows that's what I have done) I am not talking leaving the truck full of freight and walking off in the P1 cycle with the keys locked in the back, that's rookie ball. You can always turn your knowledge of FedEx into power. Use that power to help their customers, and put a ding in Fred's pocket, which if you ding it enough you will force them to hire more employees and bring routes and hub headcount back to manageable levels. At the end of the day they're looking to wring as much out of the system as possible without harming their bottom line. As soon as the bottom line starts hurting because they're squeezing too much, customers complain, etc, they'll re-balance things. FedEx and does it all the time its just not always visible.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Good point. Fred promises customers the moon on a silver platter but he doesn't like to pay what he needs to honor the so called purple promise (look at all the out of town FO's that are just blown off and given to the P1 drivers.) i like it when customers complain about it. But many more need to do so.

TUT

If you hate it, the system is designed for you to make your choice of quitting. There have been 1000's of people that left Fedex angry and then felt better. Great. But you have a division in your head, the I hate it and the whole world must know it part and then the I'm scared to quit part, inserts excuse of "it's too late for me", well if it is too late then just man up already Suzie.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you hate it, the system is designed for you to make your choice of quitting. There have been 1000's of people that left Fedex angry and then felt better. Great. But you have a division in your head, the I hate it and the whole world must know it part and then the I'm scared to quit part, inserts excuse of "it's too late for me", well if it is too late then just man up already Suzie.

I prefer to fight, to educate, and to cost Mr. Smith as much money as possible before I leave.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
What exactly to you do to cost Mr Smith as much money as possible? If you don't want to say just message me....
simple, he WAD. That's pretty much all it takes. If everybody would just WAD this place would go titsup in short order.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
You're welcome. You know how it is, FedEx has expected for all these many years now, its people to cut corners and go the extra mile to make it all happen every day. And that was the magic that made it work. If everyone would just knock that crap off and simply WAD, they'd be in a world of sh it.

Manager Wants Buyout

I haven't posted in a while but it's a damn shame what I read on here. This company is pathetic. When you talk about costing the company money, they've lost billions on top of billions on the trash can known as FedEx Office. You'd think after a decade of declines, it'd come to an end but sure as the team members show up to surf the internet and tell the customers to go away, they are declining again this year, just as every year before it. Some argue they are using these failed stores as shipping locations. That is true but they waste a fortune every year on overpaid employees, a worthless sales team that hasn't sold a thing in over a decade, managers who conspire against them while doing nothing, and on and on. The only reason most of the people I know are still there is because they get to show up and do nothing. They'll all be gone soon because the company is determined to wipe out anyone earning a living wage. However, many, many people have fought with this company on their way out the door and I assure you, it pays off more than you can imagine. You must not let them walk all over you. Stand up for yourself, you will win-they are stupid. That's all I'll say.

Ricochet1a

I haven't posted in a while but it's a damn shame what I read on here. This company is pathetic. When you talk about costing the company money, they've lost billions on top of billions on the trash can known as FedEx Office. You'd think after a decade of declines, it'd come to an end but sure as the team members show up to surf the internet and tell the customers to go away, they are declining again this year, just as every year before it. Some argue they are using these failed stores as shipping locations. That is true but they waste a fortune every year on overpaid employees, a worthless sales team that hasn't sold a thing in over a decade, managers who conspire against them while doing nothing, and on and on. The only reason most of the people I know are still there is because they get to show up and do nothing. They'll all be gone soon because the company is determined to wipe out anyone earning a living wage. However, many, many people have fought with this company on their way out the door and I assure you, it pays off more than you can imagine. You must not let them walk all over you. Stand up for yourself, you will win-they are stupid. That's all I'll say.

Since you're here....

Was that guy in 'The Video", the manager of the FXO location that was just a couple of hundred feet away from where the incident took place...

and if he is/was - was he fired too....

Ricochet1a

OK call me Ignorant and Unlearned but what is WAD? Obviously staying with FedEx fashion it is some sort of acronym.

Express was (and still claims) it wants its employees to go 'above and beyond' (Purple Promise crap)....

The critical weakness within Express, it that up until recently - it NEEDED their employees to do just that - in order to keep the customers happy (in spite of the gross mismanagement of the system, trying to accomplish too much, with just a bit too few people, all in order to push profit margin just a few points higher).

The employees are beginning to catch on, that there is NO REWARD for going above and beyond written policy. To the contrary, going beyond policy usually results in the employee being subject to discipline for not meeting productivity requirements.

So employees are doing what in most companies is referred to was CYA - or in Express' case, Work as Directed (with ABSOLUTELY no initiative to go beyond the letter of written policy in the conduct and performance of work). Express is starting to get what it is paying for - and isn't liking it. Express has a long history of wanting to have and eat its cake at the same time - and the employees are beginning to say, "Not so fast".

By WAD, employees protect themselves from disciplinary action, BUT also deny Express the benefit of their taking the initiative, taking a bit of risk and doing something which provides SERVICE which CANNOT be measured on a productivity report.

Express is being managed by 'report', so in order for wage employees to survive this type of environment (in the face of stagnant wage progression and eroding benefits), they WAD and that's it.

Public school teachers complain about 'teaching the students to pass the test'. They state that their job has been reduced to that of test preparation - and NOT really challenging the minds of the children to go a bit beyond what can be put into a test and scored with objective means. Express has done a VERY similar thing to its employees. The employees can only work to pass the objective test (all the performance reports), but in so doing, they are left incapable of REALLY fulfilling the 'mission' of Express - which is supposedly to provide service.

Teachers instruct students solely to pass the test, Express employees work as directed. In both instances, mediocrity is the result. Express still has to ACCEPT the fact that with what they are offering their wage employees now, all they will get in return is mediocrity. They THINK they can still get that old fashioned service out of its employees - they are mistaken.

Just as the wage employees are learning that things are a changin' in Express -the executive management of Express is going to learn the true meaning of 'getting what one pays for'.