Meadow Feeder driver dies

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
That’s a great point. I wonder what would have happened. I was driving one of the older single screw KW’s from Hartford to Stratford and there’s a spot on 91 where it’s downhill and then immediately back uphill. No straightaway. Down the hill, and right back up at the bottom. I guess the uphill part is so sudden that the collision system thought I was about to hit something, the tractor violently slowed down to the point of my whole body jerking forward. Maybe it was the speed I was going but I made that run more than once, and that’s the only time it ever happened.

I've had them go off multiple times for no reason. I guess that's part of the reqson they say not to use it in bad weather or on curvy roads.

From the fuel tanks it l looks like the tractor was a Mack but I cant tell how old it is... Could be a 274xxx or brand new.

ManInBrown

I've had them go off multiple times for no reason. I guess that's part of the reqson they say not to use it in bad weather or on curvy roads.

From the fuel tanks it l looks like the tractor was a Mack but I cant tell how old it is... Could be a 274xxx or brand new.

Definitely a 274. It’s a twin screw. I’ve never seen a 278 twin screw. Article says tractor was a 2013. I would’ve thought the 274s were older than that. On a side note anyone know why they don’t get anymore new Mack’s? We have a few Freightliners but for the most part everything new we get are the new KW’s.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Any ups tractors engine brake sounds nothing like some of those gypos in the peterbilts which you can hear from 25 miles away....[/QUOTE]

Indecisi0n

Good luck, those things are bullet proof. I had a 269 for the last few years on a local run and I liked it, ride is a little rough but they turn on a dime, drive straight down the road and are a lot easier to sleep in (very important).

What if the oil drain plug somehow became loose...

govols019

You smell that?
Definitely a 274. It’s a twin screw. I’ve never seen a 278 twin screw. Article says tractor was a 2013. I would’ve thought the 274s were older than that. On a side note anyone know why they don’t get anymore new Mack’s? We have a few Freightliners but for the most part everything new we get are the new KW’s.

All of our 274s are LNG tractors....the only diesel Pinnacle Mack's we have are 272-273.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
We used to have some 274 with a tag axle. I dint think I've ever seen a 273xxx and below with more than a single axle. Good catch on the year, I didn't read the article.

l think I saw a new mack 24xxxx CNG a few weeks ago. With the quarter fender it maybe newer...all of our new tractors have short fenders which suck with the 5th wheel all the way back. It sounds like a pressure washer hitting the back window in rain.

Indecisi0n

I was told, and I believe, UPS buys whatever they get a deal on .

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
we a some Diamond Reos
Like this but without the sleeper cab.

DiamondREOTrucksLogo.gif