Meal breaks for FT

Union 💪🏽 Strong

Do you have to take a meal break if you work under 8 hrs? Plus I understand you are entitled for two 15 breaks equals to 30 min.
Can i use those 30 min as a meal break if I fall under 8 hours?

AKCoverMan

Screen name is Union Strong

Doesn't want to take a lunch that strong unions fought for in the past.

Is that irony?
And here we go again….

Totally support and will fight for unpaid lunch breaks that members want.

But no one yet has explained why I should donate 200ish UNPAID hours of my life to UPS sitting in my truck out in country.

Nah
And here we go again….

But no one yet has explained why I should donate 200ish UNPAID hours of my life to UPS sitting in my truck out in country.
Because the union said it's good, so it must be true. Sort of like how 4 10s is supposed to be bad for some reason.

AKCoverMan

Because the union said it's good, so it must be true. Sort of like how 4 10s is supposed to be bad for some reason.
Our supp and practice is unpaid lunch is your RIGHT but not your RESPONSIBILITY.

We also have 4x10 schedules on air ramp in city and are considering proposal for next contract to allow senior RCPDs an option for a 4x10 schedule.

AKCoverMan

Sshhh! Don't let the diehards hear you say that!
Dunno how 4x10s will work for scheduling drivers… it works on sir ramp because thats a 24/7 operation. We don’t (currently) have any weekend delivery except Sat NDA only in the city..not my building.

But I’d love a Tue-Fri schedule I have a weekly event on Mondays at 1900 an hour away from the building. I use all my eights to get there on time as often as I can.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
And here we go again….

No need to sit in your truck. I used to stand on a pier and fish.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Dunno how 4x10s will work for scheduling drivers… it works on sir ramp because thats a 24/7 operation. We don’t (currently) have any weekend delivery except Sat NDA only in the city..not my building.

But I’d love a Tue-Fri schedule I have a weekly event on Mondays at 1900 an hour away from the building. I use all my eights to get there on time as often as I can.
No guarantee Monday will be your day off

DriverNerd

Do you have to take a meal break if you work under 8 hrs? Plus I understand you are entitled for two 15 breaks equals to 30 min.
Can i use those 30 min as a meal break if I fall under 8 hours?
Are you asking per the contract or per state law?

Different supplements have different rules. Ours only gives us 20 minutes of paid break total per full time shift. We only are required to take a 10 minute unpaid lunch and 20 minute paid break per 8 hour shift. We can skip the 10 minute unpaid if we work less than 8 hours.

Per our state law, it requires all employers give 30 minutes of break (paid or unpaid) for lunch for any shift over 8 hours. Our state has no requirements for additional paid breaks.