Mechanic back pay for slotted progression

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by MuricaMan01, Jan 9, 2019 at 8:40 AM.

1. MuricaMan01

MuricaMan01 New Member

Just a quick question for confirmation. I will be with ups 2 years this coming April. New contract States that the new mechanic progression is 85% of top pay to start, 90% after 1 year and top pay at 2. It also States we will be slotted in the current progression as of August 1st 2018. I currently am at $25 so 90% of top pay is 32.44 in my area. Will I be getting paid back for $7.44 an hour plus whatever little overtime I've worked? Thanks for the input.

2. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

Yes

3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

No

4. MuricaMan01

MuricaMan01 New Member

Well that's indecisive lol

5. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

They might make you a 22.4 mechanic. A lot of the newer guys here are being forced into it.

6. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

Yes, they owe you a huge check. Keep track of every single hour worked because when they have to issue checks that big "mistakes" happen.

7. Redtag

Redtag Ok to drive

Lol I am in a IAM shop and right after the contract was forced on you guys some of the mechanics were freaking out about 22.4 type screwing for new mechanics being proposed this August when our contract is up.

8. MuricaMan01

MuricaMan01 New Member

So far after counting my hours as of last Friday they should owe me $6935 before taxes

9. Redtag

Redtag Ok to drive

Your going to do the right thing and donate that back to the company so we can get pink tag items, right?

10. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

Yes