Mechanic injured

UPSmechanicinblue

Last Tuesday? a UPS mechanic got pinned under the front axle of a package car and the shop floor. Herd he is in hospital for broken ribs and internal bleeding. I herd it was possibly somewhere in Missouri. Does anyone know of this and can update us on his status? Hope and prayers he will be ok. Thanks

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Last Tuesday? a UPS mechanic got pinned under the front axle of a package car and the shop floor. Herd he is in hospital for broken ribs and internal bleeding. I herd it was possibly somewhere in Missouri. Does anyone know of this and can update us on his status? Hope and prayers he will be ok. Thanks
I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
I'm not saying this particular guy didn't use jack stands but over the years I've seen plenty of guys decide to just trust the jack itself and not use them mainly due to laziness. What many people fail to realize is that the jack is capable of holding a lot of weight but there is a cheap seal which probably costs pennies that once it fails will force the jack to come down, don't get under a vehicle with only a jack to support it ;-)

iamupser

Grease Monkey
He was at the Winona, MN center and apparently he drove the package car up on some wooden blocks and it rolled off on him.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Jackstands...at least 2 or MORE.

I'd like to get details on this incident. I tried to get our mechanic a life alert button. They said he has his cell phone to call for help. Do you think you can dial 911 pinned under a vehicle?,? The union needs to protect all employees not just take their dues monies

iamupser

Grease Monkey
On a similar note, I heard one got tossed out the door from the jump seat on a test drive with no belt on. Bad stuff.

I heard that too. He may have been reading the laptop when he got thrown out the door. Heard he had some head head injuries. Hope he pulls through OK too.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I'd like to get details on this incident. I tried to get our mechanic a life alert button. They said he has his cell phone to call for help. Do you think you can dial 911 pinned under a vehicle?,? The union needs to protect all employees not just take their dues monies
That would be an awesome gift !! One that I hope he never needs !

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
If the purpose of the blocks was to keep the floorspace under the car clear to do the oil pan (my understanding), it could have been done with jackstands under the frame behind the engine to support it. This is how I do that job.

dragracer66

the union has nothing to do with this... Every building has jack stands. everybody needs to use them!!! The only thing the union is responsible for is job security, retirement and health and welfare. Not to hold our hands.