Medical BILL NOt covered

I agree with iowa boy. I'm pretty sure that UPS switched part-time medical insurance from Aetna to Blue Cross / Blue Shield effective January 1, 2010. Only certain states made the switch, some remained unchanged. Perhaps you work in one of the states that changed. Call Human Resources to verify this, then have the medical provider who billed Aetna resubmit the bill to your new insurance plan. Good Luck. Let us know how it all turns out.

bluehdmc

In NJ we switched from BC/BS to Aetna, we were notified of it back in Oct if I recall, got new cards effective Jan 1st sometime in Dec.

over9five

Staff member
I would also advise the hospital or medical facility of the situation and that you are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. That would be my advice.

Yes, but you don't have to go there. Tell them you called UPS, and they're going to take care of their bill

my insurance switched from aetna to bluecross... i didnt know this all i have todo is resubmit my bills to bluecross..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is there a big difference bettwen bluecross and aetna?

It's not so much the companies themselves as it would be the plans offered by each company that should concern you. I am surprised that you didn't receive anything in the mail prior to the switch.

I am glad that it was something as simple as this and that you will not be responsible for the bill.

JohnnyPension

My Bluecross coverage is hospital ONLY and a separate one (Magnacare/Firsthealth) covers everything else. Could this be part of the problem?