Meet the former UPS box handler now in charge of the Small Business Administration

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Meet the former UPS box handler now in charge of the Small Business Administration - Yahoo Finance

On Tuesday, Jovita Carranza was confirmed as the new administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration by a 88-5 vote in the Senate.

Before her confirmation, Carranza served as the 44th Treasurer of the United States. In that role her signature – along with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s – adorned U.S. currency. She’d also previously worked as the Deputy Administrator for the Small Business Administration during the George W. Bush administration.

Prior to her government work, Carranza worked at UPS for over 20 years. According to her official biography, she rose to become the highest-ranking Latina in the history of the company. “She started as a part-time, night-shift box handler and worked her way up to become President of Latin America and Caribbean operations” notes the biography.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Jovita was respected as a hard-nosed manager of the Central Florida district when I knew her.
My observation was she was very sharp and not to be BSed ... she knew the business very well.
I thought she would be the UPS CEO one day but she chose a different career path.

View attachment 279283