Memorial Day 2022

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I realize that Memorial Day is about the military who made the ultimate sacrifice in war but IMO, it should also be for those who came back and couldn’t fight off the demons that won. May they all Rest In Peace.

That said, some businesses are offering discounts for Active Duty and Veterans.... Thank you all for your service.

rod

Retired 22 years
Spent the morning putting out flags at the cemeteries. Went out to dinner tonight to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary.

oldngray

nowhere special
8064506.jpg

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Memorial day is very somber for me.My Grandfather Pvt. LC Mathis was killed 25-July-1944 in St Lo France.He'd gone ashore in Normandy a week after D Day. My mother was born after his unit was sent to Scotland for training and he never saw her .My grandmother was 18 who not only baby who was only four months old she was also taking care of her 12 year old brother,and her own mother who was dying of TB. August 14 1944 a telegram was delivered informing my grandmother of his death. My grandfather was 20 when he was killed.

10552587_10204849206139559_948445441383252517_n.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Memorial day is very somber for me.My Grandfather Pvt. LC Mathis was killed 25-July-1944 in St Lo France.He'd gone ashore in Normandy a week after D Day. My mother was born after his unit was sent to Scotland for training and he never saw her .My grandmother was 18 who not only baby who was only four months old she was also taking care of her 12 year old brother,and her own mother who was dying of TB. August 14 1944 a telegram was delivered informing my grandmother of his death. My grandfather was 20 when he was killed.

View attachment 339160

Have you ever seen this? It’s definitely sobering.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I realize that Memorial Day is about the military who made the ultimate sacrifice in war but IMO, it should also be for those who came back and couldn’t fight off the demons that won. May they all Rest In Peace.

That said, some businesses are offering discounts for Active Duty and Veterans.... Thank you all for your service.

Well said. @dookie stain we got your six now, you can rest.

RIP SSG Darrell Kasson. Hope you're building some crazy S* up there!

SSG Darrel D. Kasson was killed in action on 4 March 2007 while serving as the lead vehicle commander for a 27 vehicle convoy logistic patrol in the vicinity of Bayji, Iraq. While heading back to LSA Anaconda, SSG Kasson’s vehicle was hit by an Improvised Explosive Device.

DriverNerd

Don't forget to celebrate all those deaths by getting a deal on some furniture.

Disclaimer: That was sarcasm. I chose the word celebrate instead of remember because this holiday has moved from a remembrance to shopping holiday. Disgusting really.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
“The American system can only endure and prosper with the sacrifices of so many brave men and women, the vast majority of whom will never be known to the public. And on Memorial Day, we honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice so you and I can live our lives how we want to.“

I read the above quote by Newt Gingrich, which is so true, and it made me wonder where our country will be in 30 years with people like this in charge.