Memorial Day Pay

I have a question- I am currently on FMLA thru the end of June... (my wife just had a baby) I am just curious if I will still be getting paid for the holiday- since I'm not working right now... (I'm a full time driver)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just Googled "FMLA" and found nothing on their website regarding holiday pay but I do know that you have to work either the day before or day after (unless you are on vacation) in order to get paid for the holiday so I would have to say that you are not eligible for the holiday pay. Hopefully someone with more knowledge or perhaps has been in this situation can help you out more.

steakmaker

ride like you stole it
First of all Congratulation,hope baby & Mom are doing well.I believe you have to work the day before and after the Holiday OR use your personal days OR be on Comp.Maybe you'll find someone with compassion doing payrol,and they'll put you in for it. Good Luck!

jimstud

Banned
congrats on the baby. no you will not be paid for the holiday you have to work one day during the week of the holiday to be paid it does not have to be the day before or after just one during the week sorry. you also don't get paid if you are on comp. or disability.

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
Congratulatons on the newest addition to your family. I hope everyone is well. Sorry, though, you won't get paid. I did recieve holiday pay while on comp or on vacation. However, not while on an unpaid leave.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
You have to check your local agreement with the union. Everyone here will tell you something different because everyone has different local agreements. I spent time on disability and came back to a check for a holiday waiting for me. I obviously didn't work the day before or the day after so that policy didn't apply. Talk to your steward or call business agent.

Dustyroads

just curious, and wondering about a more significant issue, do you receive benefits, i.e., insurance and pension contributions when you are off on family leave?

What'dyabringmetoday???

I have a question- I am currently on FMLA thru the end of June... (my wife just had a baby) I am just curious if I will still be getting paid for the holiday- since I'm not working right now... (I'm a full time driver)
Congratulations. You need to check your holiday language in the supplement. If you were under the supplement that I am covered by, and also UpstateNYUPSer, you WOULD be paid for the holiday while out on leave. I am guessing you will get it also. Read the entire language to be sure. The other posts that talk about working the day before and after mean you can not call in sick on those days. If it is scheduled off you are all set. Check your supplement and do not listen to what other people tell you. Including me. The contract will tell you what you need to know.