Memphis Grizzles.......

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
yeah, what a crap town that place is...I spent 3 years there one week. Every convenience store I went into, the clerk was sitting inside a bullet-proof glass cubicle giving everyone the stink eye. Lovely atmosphere all the way - and that was over 20 years ago - I'll bet it's even nicer now....oh, and practically nobody there seemed to know how to drive as I recall.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
yeah, what a crap town that place is...I spent 3 years there one week. Every convenience store I went into, the clerk was sitting inside a bullet-proof glass cubicle giving everyone the stink eye. Lovely atmosphere all the way - and that was over 20 years ago - I'll bet it's even nicer now....oh, and practically nobody there seemed to know how to drive as I recall.

Yep, it's truly a crap town. The first time I went to Memphis there were half a dozen stripped cars sitting on blocks on the way from the airport to the hotel. I was stuck there once for 3 weeks too, and after Mud Island (LOFL), Graceland, Beale Street, and the ducks at the Peabody Hotel, what's left except Catfish Corner and ribs? It is a NOTHING town.

When MEM got to be too much, a classmate and I decided to go try gambling at Tunica. We both wished that Hertz rented armored personnel carriers instead of cars.

A couple of years ago, some major FedEx vendor Tweeted what a crap town Memphis was how he was dreading having to be there, and FedEx execs somehow got ahold of the Tweet. Needless to say, he left town without making a sale.