Mental Health Coverage

undies

In case anyone cares or uses them. They are still provided by Value Options, however the covered amount has dropped from 80% to 70%. Big deal right? Yes, it is to my wife and I!

We pay an out of network therapist and file a claim to be reimbursed.

Anyone else use these benefits?

959Nanook

I am not endorsing the Affordable Care Act; however, I do have better coverage for mental health now than before. Billing is a lot better now since mental health benefit is much closer to medical health benefit than the old mental health benefit.

Billing was a disaster before changes brought about by PPACA. I would have crazy balances due when I would show up for a mental health appointment. Some of it was medical coding issues that the plan administrator recognized as "medical" and charged deductible while the other part was the plan administrator being completely unaware of the difference between medical and mental health benefits. It was a goat rope.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
In case anyone cares or uses them. They are still provided by Value Options, however the covered amount has dropped from 80% to 70%. Big deal right? Yes, it is to my wife and I!

We pay an out of network therapist and file a claim to be reimbursed.

Anyone else use these benefits?
Get airline miles/ cash back on your CC if you gotta go out of network. Teamcare cuts checks very quickly when you have to pay up front. Daughter had some dental stuff done and the dentist required upfront payment, even with 100% preauthorization coverage.

undies

Get airline miles/ cash back on your CC if you gotta go out of network. Teamcare cuts checks very quickly when you have to pay up front. Daughter had some dental stuff done and the dentist required upfront payment, even with 100% preauthorization coverage.

I would agree, except Value Options is a separate company. They usually take 4-6 weeks to get the payment to you...pretty slow when you're paying $200 twice a month!