mercedes engine in step van

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I am not a contractor, but I have nothing but good things to say about this engine. The only problem areas I see are with injector lines. Most reliable diesel around made in the last decade.

serco

Thanks brownwrench, you are my best lead as know one else has any knowledge of this engine. Are the fuel lines cracking from vibration? Or whats diagnotis on the ones you have seen? I purchases a 07 and it will be here in the coming week, im wanting to give it a good look over before i put it into service!

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
There was a sort of bulletin for fuel line replacement that was performed by a Detroit Diesel tech here to replace the lines for the #1 cylinder. Can't recall off the top of my head what distinguishes it, but there is a way to tell if it has been done by looking at it. I guess the replacement was preventative. I did not see any failures personally. I've had issues with the junction between the tube into the head and the line itself. Both have to be replaced together if it develops a leak. New and old parts do not get along.